The Dragon Riders

"My dad hates dragons..." Kyle added with a whisper. Aria looked in horror at him. "Don't worry I'll make sure it's safe." He smiled at her warmly. She slowly nodded still unsure of what to do.

Her father called in Sam, the guard that always covered for her. Sam stood in the doorway. "I am sorry to say that you have been relieved of your duties as a guard as knight, for carelessly letting my daughter leave the castle walls unguarded." He said sternly. Sam looked shocked as saddened. Julia shot to her feet. "You can't do that! He is my guard... If he leaves, so do I. I will refuse to marry and become queen." She said bitterly. Though she did not care if it would reflect badly on her, she would not stand her parents firing her best friend an guard. Her mother looked shocked, as did her father. ".... You will not." Her said gruffly. "I will if he leave." She said, her face pinched. Sam still didnt move. "Very well then, he can stay and so will you... But I am hiring a guard to watch and protect you wherever you go." He said finally. Julia clenched her jaw and turned her back to them. "Fine." She said bitterly and ran out f her room, holding up the front f her dress as she ran up the stone steps to her room.

Suddenly, there was a knock on Aria's house door. She covered the egg with a blanket and opened the door. It was Kyle's dad. "I need to talk to him, immediately." Aria nodded without saying a word and got Kyle. Kyle stared at his dad's excited and shocked expression. "What is it...? He asked scared of what was going on. His dad signaled him to come outside. "Look son, the king had just put up audition flyers. The auditions are tomorrow at noon. I've already signed you up! Now come with me, we must practice!" His dad said showing him the flyer. Kyle sighed, and then nodded willingly.

Aria watched Kyle and his dad leave. She was listening to the whole conversation. Auditions? For what...?

For the rest of the day Kyle and his dad practiced their routines on how to be a great knight. Well, that's how his dad would put it...

Aria sat on her bed and stared at the floor. She still couldn't think of what to do with the egg.

Julia took the egg out. What was it? Then it hit her. She ran to her book shelf and looked through many books, flipping through the pages. Finally she found it. "Oh my god.... A dragon egg?" She said excitedly. There was many different types of eggs in there, one of them looked exactly like her egg.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom