1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

The dredded fuzzy butt fever........

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by joey7319, Feb 14, 2011.

1. joey7319

joey7319 Out Of The Brooder

May 29, 2009
    Stanardsville, Va
    so I've placed my order with McMurray for 13 LF cochins of assorted colors (it was a split order, 30 in all) this past saturday. It's been 1 full day and I'm already considering setting up my brooder and buying all of my baby supplies. They aren't due to arrive until April 25th or 26th [​IMG] So, I guess the real question is-how does everyone stay sane until their new fuzzy wuzzies arrive????? I'm so strickin with fuzzy butt fever that I have no idea how I'm going to survive until they come, and since this seems to be a disease alot of you on this forum catch at some point or another I'm wondering how you cope?????

Nikki

2. bunnibird55

bunnibird55 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 13, 2009
    NW Ohio
    I coped by buying an incubator and hatching my own eggs - now that they are 10 days old I am going to get Buckeye eggs and hatch some more, then when those get old enough I will hatch some more.......it is chicken math!!!! One or two or three are never enough, but they don't really count since my bator is empty and I have another brooder box that is empty.......good way to cope!!!! haha - good luck with waiting!

3. fargosmom

fargosmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 27, 2008
    Pasadena, CA
    Alcohol and a good book helps . . . [​IMG]
    I was waiting on edge for my new fuzzies, which I just picked up last weekend. I feel your pain - it was an excruciating wait!
    But it's all worth it when you've got your little peepsters. Spend your time organizing and re-organizing and re-re-organizing your brooder setup - give the temp a test-drive, wash your feeders and waterers for the umpteenth time, make sure the shavings haven't all vanished into thin air . . . in other words, spend your time "nesting"! [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

Incubation and hatching. Yup yup yup. New chicks every 25, 28 days. And that's just with one incubator; if you gave five, like I do, you can get a constant supply of fuzzy butts.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by