the dry incubation methode *questions*

lucyharper123

Chirping
7 Years
Dec 16, 2012
well i have many failure hatchies and then i heard about the dry incubation methode? well i was wondering if you can tell me how to do it .
well at home i have my own shop bought incubator i can set the temp and % of humid at the push of a button so can anyone tell me how to do it like what temp and humid ? how long for till i rase the humid ect thanks !

This is how I do it... For the first 18 days I aim for 99.5 degrees & 35-40% humidity. The last 3 days, I stop the egg turner, remove eggs and lay on their side. I keep the temperature the same and increase humidity to 60-65%. Some people use an egg carton to keep the eggs upright (large end up) with the bottom of the carton cut out for oxygen exchange. I'm not certain if altitude effects the humidity level they should be at... But for me, it works lovely. I will never hatch another way.

:D

This is how I do it... For the first 18 days I aim for 99.5 degrees & 35-40% humidity. The last 3 days, I stop the egg turner, remove eggs and lay on their side. I keep the temperature the same and increase humidity to 60-65%. Some people use an egg carton to keep the eggs upright (large end up) with the bottom of the carton cut out for oxygen exchange. I'm not certain if altitude effects the humidity level they should be at... But for me, it works lovely. I will never hatch another way.

big_smile.png

That is nearly identical to how I do it! I did put my last hatch in egg cartons for lock down as described above and found it to work just fine. I had one who pipped the wrong end, but I turned the egg over and it hatched out fine. I liked the fact the hatched chicks couldn't kick the other eggs around so much, but have had success laying the eggs down as well!

Back
Top Bottom