The Duck Report by Evadig

Pics
They have to practice first and egg laying comes after mating or always has here. Okay my Runners when 4 months old starting head bobbing their drake he finally took them up on it (evidentially they matured faster than him) then a few weeks later they began to lay.

Life was going on, normal day to day that is so often taken for granted, when this happened:
IMG_3992.jpeg

It wasn’t a predator; it was the geese. Somehow the poor girls got in the goose pen last night and they were found cowering in the goose hut (that the geese don’t enter) this morning. We washed the wounds and and will apply antibacterial spray tomorrow. I should have got some earlier, but no one ever gets hurt like this…until they do.
Poor Henry was sitting alone by the pen quacking sadly for his girls; it was enough to make you cry.
IMG_3988.jpeg

They’re all together in the basement until I get the hole fixed between the two pens that the poor ducks somehow blundered through. Henry’s glad to be back with Winnie and Hilda.
IMG_3995.jpeg

Life was going on, normal day to day that is so often taken for granted, when this happened: View attachment 3687370
It wasn’t a predator; it was the geese. Somehow the poor girls got in the goose pen last night and they were found cowering in the goose hut (that the geese don’t enter) this morning. We washed the wounds and and will apply antibacterial spray tomorrow. I should have got some earlier, but no one ever gets hurt like this…until they do.
Poor Henry was sitting alone by the pen quacking sadly for his girls; it was enough to make you cry.
View attachment 3687374
They’re all together in the basement until I get the hole fixed between the two pens that the poor ducks somehow blundered through. Henry’s glad to be back with Winnie and Hilda. View attachment 3687377
I wish you a speedy recovery Winnie and Hilda ❤

Update:celebrate

I haven’t written for a while because nothing much was going on…but yesterday either Winnie or Hilda laid an egg! And another one today!
IMG_4666.jpeg

The ducks are nearly six months old. They helped themselves to the pond on Christmas Day and wouldn’t come back. We finally managed to scare them out after dark.
IMG_4586.jpeg

IMG_4595.jpeg

IMG_4598.jpeg

(The pen does need to be cleaned and I put some straw down after this picture).

Last but not least, the ducks are actually “friends” with the geese! They were swimming in the same kiddie pool with one!

Update:celebrate

I haven’t written for a while because nothing much was going on…but yesterday either Winnie or Hilda laid an egg! And another one today!
View attachment 3715596
The ducks are nearly six months old. They helped themselves to the pond on Christmas Day and wouldn’t come back. We finally managed to scare them out after dark. View attachment 3715597
View attachment 3715598
View attachment 3715599
(The pen does need to be cleaned and I put some straw down after this picture).

Last but not least, the ducks are actually “friends” with the geese! They were swimming in the same kiddie pool with one!
Congrats on the eggs! Your ducks looks very mischievous, I bet they are a hoot to watch 😊

Back
Top Bottom