The Duck Report by Evadig

They are so pretty. At least when you come home from college your ducks hopefully help you unwind. Mine sure do but not when I come home from school that is way behind me lol
Thank you!
I do online college so I am home all the time :). It kind of creates even more stress because there’s always some sort of trouble going on and I have to run out to intervene (mostly turkeys trying to fall in the pool:barnie).

Attachments

• IMG_2907.jpeg
    IMG_2907.jpeg
    546.8 KB · Views: 3
It’s a beautiful Sunday afternoon and I thought I’d share a couple photos of everyone enjoying themselves.

The roof caved in on the old house - sure glad everyone has been moved out!
IMG_3001.jpeg

Henry having a grand time in the newly refilled pool
IMG_3030.jpeg

Everyone raising a splash
IMG_3055.jpeg

Why does Henry always bite his two girlfriends when I just refilled their water?
IMG_3050.jpeg

The calm before the storm
IMG_3095.jpeg

Hilda doing a swan dive
IMG_3058.jpeg

The ducks are fourteen weeks old! It seems incredible…They have been having a good time in the back yard now that they get the run of the place instead of the geese. They also enjoy having the deep litter method instead of the wooden floor.

Some closeups - left to right:
The quackers, Winnie, Hilda, Henry

Attachments

• IMG_3394.jpeg
    IMG_3394.jpeg
    999.5 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_3413.jpeg
    IMG_3413.jpeg
    599.1 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_3417.jpeg
    IMG_3417.jpeg
    985.8 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_3424.jpeg
    IMG_3424.jpeg
    710.8 KB · Views: 1
Today Henry and Hilda were head bobbing each other. Henry was in the pool and Hilda was standing outside. After a minute Hilda got into the pool and after some more head bobbing on both sides Henry began to bite at her neck. Hilda would swim around crouched down but didn’t seem to mind a whole lot. Then after about thirty seconds she saw some peas and they both turned their attention to those. What does the head bobbing mean? They’re only fourteen weeks, I can’t imagine them trying to mate already!

Back
Top Bottom