The duck run is finally done!

Whats going on with Fish’s foot?

We think Bumblefoot. My daughter has giving her an hour long bath, followed by a soak in epsom salt, then treating with rubbing alcohol, a wound care spray and Neosporin and then wrapping it. The link where she posted photos is here - https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/bumblefoot-on-pekin-7-weeks-old.1324281/

The bottom of her right foot has no more scabs and seems to be healing well but she's still limping and not putting much pressure on the right foot. No swelling now. We won't put the outdoor pond in for them until she is healed.

We finished - I think it looks pretty good considering we had no clue what we were doing! The girls went out today for the first time and seem to like it...but a bit nervous. Fish still has her baby socks on since treating her feet. The pond is not in as of yet, waiting for Fish's feet to heal first. View attachment 1861428View attachment 1861429View attachment 1861430View attachment 1861431View attachment 1861432View attachment 1861433
You did a great job! :thumbsup It looks great! It looks like your duckies like it! I pray Fish's foot gets better.

Back
Top Bottom