The Duck Thread

love.gif
it amazes me how quickly they grow. SO BEAUTIFUL! Black ducks are really eye catching. I have two black swedish from Bugs that I want to keep so badly but they are boys
sad.png
I see tufts on the top of the Cayugas' head, I am wondering if I got crested. Oh well! They are really cute! Anxious to see the blue Swedish's markings when they get older. Thanks I think they are beautiful! My old ducks...not so much...yet! LOL

Subtract your current weight from the starting weight.  Divide that by starting weight and then multiply by 100 for your % wt. loss.

I am using a kitchen food scale. it does not go down to grams, it is in ounces and 1/10 of oz's. i found a site that converts oz to g (http://www.rapidtables.com/convert/weight/ounce-to-gram.htm) and when i worked your suggested calculation i came up w/7%. that is way too much weight loss. my DH says i need a g scale, not a scale in oz, b/c there is way too much variance w/my oz scale and it rounds up or down, in other words he says it doesnt allow for the intricate amount in grams... am i making sense?
i guess i need to buy a g scale...
thanks for the calculation lesson for finding %. i will use it when i get my gram scale

I'm hoping someone can help. This is my 4 month old, Vanilla. Does anyone know what the lump on the bill is? It's not soft, and doesn't squirm if I touch it.

I don't know what the lump might be, people that could help will probably ask for some more info. Does it bother her, has there been some sort of trauma, did it just appear or has it been building over time, is there any discoloration, is she eating/drinking normally, does she clean her nares?
Miss Vanilla is beautiful. I love the light billed ducks. I have 2 and think they're quite special. She's lovely
1f497.png
. Good luck and hope you get your answer.

I don't know what the lump might be, people that could help will probably ask for some more info. Does it bother her, has there been some sort of trauma, did it just appear or has it been building over time, is there any discoloration, is she eating/drinking normally, does she clean her nares?
Miss Vanilla is beautiful. I love the light billed ducks. I have 2 and think they're quite special. She's lovely
1f497.png
. Good luck and hope you get your answer.

Thanks caesargirl. There is absolutely nothing wrong with her, she shows no sign of illness and has no problem with me touching the lump. It's always been there, and it has stayed the same size as she's grown. She cleans her nares just like all my other ducks and is as happy as a duck can be. I just have never known what this lump is!
263a.png

my new baby's. Went out with my mom today. Came back with one baby. Went back and got another one. Yard sale across the street from us. Went for breakfast. Came back with a duckling.

Back
Top Bottom