The Duck Thread

I'm hoping casportpony will jump in here, but, @miss lydia what do you think? High dose of niacin/vitamin b/brewers yeast?? Maybe...
I'd get B complex and try it mix it into her drinking water. That will cover all the B's including niacin.

Warm swims in the tub should help too. just be careful she doesn't try to jump out.It sounds like a back injury. If her legs aren't showing signs of heat or swelling.

Last edited:
Should I put my ducks in if its windy? It's very windy here today, they have the option to go in but they haven't.
If your ducks are grown they should have no problem with wind. I am in West Texas where the wind is usually 15-50 mph and my ducks just take what comes. The only problem is when one of them decides they can fly and successfully catches the wind in the right direction. Over their fence they go. So, if yours are prone to acting like they are able to fly you might want to keep an eye on them in heavy winds.

Sorry if this is a repeat question. I just got my two Pekin ducklings yesterday from TSC. I've researched for a few weeks and had a questions out niacin. I got Manna Pro non medicated started for chicks ducks and goslings. There's a niacin supplement listed in the ingredients. Is this good enough or should I get some Brewers yeast and/or niacin tablets just in case?

Sorry if this is a repeat question. I just got my two Pekin ducklings yesterday from TSC. I've researched for a few weeks and had a questions out niacin. I got Manna Pro non medicated started for chicks ducks and goslings. There's a niacin supplement listed in the ingredients. Is this good enough or should I get some Brewers yeast and/or niacin tablets just in case?
I checked the ingredients list on the Manna Pro non-medicated starter feed and niacin is listed but only toward the end of the list. So, it is probably a small amount. It would not hurt to add Brewers Yeast to their feed. Just sprinkle a teaspoon on top of their feed each day to supplement what is already in the feed.

Back
Top Bottom