The Duck Thread

This was last fall. My daughter would bear crawl to sneak up on them (or attempt to at least). They were so small! Now we have 2 beautiful Welshie girls laying eggs like crazy.

My ducklings do this also (2 weeks old). It's a little unnerving to walk in and they are like this. Mine quite often will put their head on the ground, they look dead! Scares me to death!! Then when I speak they pop up! Like they are saying "WHAT!?" LOL
My wife calls this "road kill mode": foot/feet out, neck twisted at impossible angle, head on the ground and if they are REAL good tongue hanging out.
lau.gif

I went to Wal mart but couldn't find any Brewers yeast in powder form, only in tablets. Farm n Fleet didn't have it either. I read that frozen peas are a great form of niacin so I got some of those. I cut the peas in half because I figured it might be easier for them. They LOVED them. I'll keep searching for some powdered Brewers yeast though
If there is a GNC (General Nutrition Center) near you they have it. That is where I used to get mine. Then I found the pills for dogs at WalMart. They have the same amount of nutritional Niacin. I just ground them up and sprinkled it on the ducks feed.

Back
Top Bottom