The Duck Thread

Lamp Patty doesn't either i don't think

-Kathy

Oops. Maybe I can fix that.
big_smile.png

Duckling question.  I have 9 pekin/Cayuga/blue Swedish ducklings, 2 days old. I understand I need to put brewers yeast on their food. How much? I have a feeder for chicks in with them, the kind with little holes around the bottom, do I just sprinkle it on top or mix it with their food? Ideal hatchery said to give them medicated water after 3 days the first 3 days sugar water only. The save-a-chick (from tractor supply) has niacin in it, do I discontinue the yeast when I am giving them the medicated water?

The only dry yeast I could find was Fleischmann's active dry yeast, original. Is this the same as brewer's yeast?

Also, I have one that has a little (and I mean tiny) place on the back of the neck that looks like the down is thin and the fluff is stuck together, I looked at it at it looks a little red. Should I do anything or just let it alone?

Thanks in advance!
I had to order Brewers yeast online. Might can find it at a health food store. It is not the same as active dry yeast used in baking.

I need some duck breeding advice! I know that when a hen is bred, she stays fertile about two weeks. But if one drake breeds her, then I have a different drake breed her after that, will her eggs be fertilized by the first drake or the second drake?

I need some duck breeding advice! I know that when a hen is bred, she stays fertile about two weeks. But if one drake breeds her, then I have a different drake breed her after that, will her eggs be fertilized by the first drake or the second drake? 

I'm pretty sure it's a toss up at that point. She will lay a clutch of eggs from both boys...I think

Back
Top Bottom