The Duck Thread

Hello all, well I have a question for any who may know. What type of ducks do we have? We got them from our local TSC and the lady "thought" they were regular white pekings, but now we are in doubt. They were all cute little yellow ducklings, then within a few weeks 2 developed a dark spot on their heads, and now they all are getting dark caps with the initial 2 having a much more prominent spot. Thanks in advanced.

I'm not 100% sure, but I really really think they are muscovys. If you could get a face shot I would be sure.

Hello all, well I have a question for any who may know. What type of ducks do we have? We got them from our local TSC and the lady "thought" they were regular white pekings, but now we are in doubt. They were all cute little yellow ducklings, then within a few weeks 2 developed a dark spot on their heads, and now they all are getting dark caps with the initial 2 having a much more prominent spot. Thanks in advanced.

Those feet, those long bodies . . . I would think they are at least part Muscovy.

Multiple eggs with external pips. Had to help out a mallard duckling after 12+ hrs of no progress. Have 2 mallards that pipped at wrong end so i helped make a hole and wrapped them up in wet paper towel worth hole exposed. Setting my alarm every 2 hrs so i can help moisten the membrane so they don't get stuck.

Our duckling is dry but sure if he is sticky from membrane/hatching? He hatched about 7am this morning.

Back
Top Bottom