The Duck Thread

I think I responded to this on another thread . . . do I recall that correctly?

Yes you did. I wasn't sure if I could get antibiotics for her at the store and put it in the water. Would that be safe for all of them to drink?

She will need to be separated, so that they don't all get the antibiotics.

Sometimes you can just split off a small section of the pen or shelter so they can still see each other and be near each other.

Last edited:
My Indian runner has been nesting for a little under a month now and today I went out to fill their feeder and found that one of the eggs were removed and was pecked open..should I be worried?

I simply do not know.....So I will ask those who know more than I. I have 4 Pekin ducks. 2 drakes which are kept separate. Is it possible for a duck to lay 2 eggs in a day??? Each morning I get 4 eggs. Once last week and again I got 5 eggs. And I have been sure this past week to clean out the nest boxes completely. So I know it was not from previous day. Any ideas.
Thanks. Linda

Well these khaki eggs are turning into an experiment. I didn't tell the person I bought them from I intended to hatch them since she was just selling them as eating eggs, so they've been washed and refrigerated. I'm hoping for the best but we'll see! If they turn out to not develop I'll just ask her for unrefrigerated ones - she was really nice and we talked for a good half hour when I picked them up so I'm sure she wouldn't mind.

Some times they can drop more then one egg at a time. Usually it's one if young. Sometimes it could be twices . Or if she lost a day and didn't lay. These may happen on occasion .sometimes eggs get confused.

Some times they can drop more then one egg at a time. Usually it's one if young. Sometimes it could be twices . Or if she lost a day and didn't lay. These may happen on occasion .sometimes eggs get confused.

Thanks for responding. These are 10 month old Pekins. They have been laying 1 egg a day each since December. I clean out the nest boxes completely each morning. Their coop is 4'x8' . I put them up at 6:30pm and let them out at 6:30am. I will have to watch alittle longer.
Thanks. Linda

Back
Top Bottom