The Duck Thread

My runner decided she needed to accessorize

Awwwwww! And she's hanging with her BFF! So cute! Look how huge that pekin is! your f/w gives me hope... My Phoebe is looking a little awkward as she goes through her teen years... ;) your girl is SO pretty! I'm not kidding, her face is pretty! XD

I buy horse bedding at feed store. it's in bales and about 6.00 a bale so far they haven't eaten any of it it's mixed wood, large size instead of small that might be too tempting to eat. Are you keeping food/water for them 24/7? Mine just turned 3 weeks on Friday.
yes, food and water 24/7. i think the novelty is worn off now. they're not eating the bedding anymore that i can see.

Trying to do math and physics in ducks hatching. No cold/ hot spots. And incubators and eggs math and physics. To make a healthy bird. When it doesn't add up to equal out.

Physics putting birds in equal cages with right birds to get to lay the eggs or something goes wrong and one dies. Or getting physics together to help a bird in trama so she doesn't die around her siblings.

Thanks for the pics! I am definitely going to look into that heating pad for next spring. It sounds like a better approach than a heat lamp. I thought that heat lamps were the only way and I always wished there was a way for them to cool down if they don't all like the same temperature. I guess this is the answer!

My babies are about a month old now and almost never use the MHP but it's been great! They are all happy and healthy, and as a first time duck mama I'm pretty pleased with how well it worked out. Here are a couple pics of those first days with it.

Back
Top Bottom