The Duck Thread

The black bill might still lighten up to green, sometimes that takes awhile too. Maybe she's both - that does rarely happen. You could vent sex her, if you dare.
O I don't dare
hu.gif
lol.

You shoulda named that duck "It" ! Lol! That's a very pretty duck, wether it be male, female or both. I wish It could keeps it's colors, looks so very cool.
Thank you. I wish also. Just my luck to have an 'It' duck, lol

My teens finally got to introduced to their pond today!!!

Thankfully they stuck to digging up the edges!

Then they felt it was time to rest
1f60a.png
Those are some very happy ducks.

It's about two acres so plenty of room for friends!!!! The more the merrier!
If they keep digging up the edges you'll have even more room for friends, lol. We dug a small pond near our house because the ducks wouldn't go out to our larger stock tanks. Not knowing about what they would do to the edges, our small pond because a large pond, lol.

Those are some very happy ducks.

If they keep digging up the edges you'll have even more room for friends, lol. We dug a small pond near our house because the ducks wouldn't go out to our larger stock tanks. Not knowing about what they would do to the edges, our small pond because a large pond, lol.
Haha I think my ducks are starting to make their own pond out of a puddle. It's funny how they can make a hole so easily! I need to redirect their interests (if that's possible!)

I think she had a prolapse .and when she layed the last egg it became so inlarged that it just killed her. She was fine an 1 hr 1/2 before. We have a water system coming hooked to the hose. So if I leave they should be ok. We also have a mister going to happen very soon. Birds or two hot even in shade. It will make it 20 degrees cooler in there. Right now I lightly spray it down rake twice a day just to cool dirt off a bit. It seems to be working. I put a tarp over baby birds and ducks. Spray younger ducks down. They like it.

I have a Welsh Harlequin that has me gender confused... It quacks, has a black bill but orange feet and is colored like my drake. It has not been acting like a drake. But now it is sporting what looks like a drake feather. All three of my Welshies hatched here at the house and are about 5 and 1/2 mos. old. They were from eggs I bought on E-bay. Do I have TWO drakes?? on the left Here it is with my girl
That is a drake drake drake if I ever saw one. He is probably a late bloomer. They sure take their time sometimes lol. A better way to tell would be by voice sexing. Is he making girl quacks or the froggy drake sound?

Back
Top Bottom