The Duck Thread

You'll want it at 99.5 degrees F. Don't forget to get a hydrometer too to monitor the humidity. Which incubator did you get?
7 egg mini incubator it says

Does anyone know what this duck may be a mix of? I know one side has pure Rouen. Underneath is is grey with a rosy-grey breast. The lady told me it may be RouenxRunner but it doesn't stand very tall. She also had one Saxony hen. That's all I know. :(

Last edited:
7 egg mini incubator it says

I'm not familiar with that one - does it have an auto turner? If not I'm not sure how you're going to turn the eggs in there. I seem to be recalling that someone recently got one of those on a hatching thread I participate in and hated it and ended up abandoning it halfway through and getting a Brinsea. Is the brand Magicfly by any chance?

I'm not familiar with that one - does it have an auto turner? If not I'm not sure how you're going to turn the eggs in there. I seem to be recalling that someone recently got one of those on a hatching thread I participate in and hated it and ended up abandoning it halfway through and getting a Brinsea. Is the brand Magicfly by any chance?
I'm
Completely new at this I didn't even know the eggs needed turning which makes complete sense by the way....so I would have to keep turning them if it didn't...

I'm
Completely new at this I didn't even know the eggs needed turning which makes complete sense by the way....so I would have to keep turning them if it didn't...

I think that bator is meant to be tilted back and forth by propping up one side of its legs, but not sure...

Honestly, a cheap Hovabator 1602N from a feed store is probably your best bet... rolling the eggs back and forth by hand is actually best for duck eggs too...

I'm
It is from amdirecr I believe it does not turn so would I have to turn them manually I'f so how often Iam very determined to get some duckling so I'm willing to do it

It is from amdirecr I believe it does not turn so would I have to turn them manually I'f so how often Iam very determined to get some duckling so I'm willing to do it
You know what I just read right and it is an automatic turn

Well I just found reviews on it here :/

https://www.backyardchickens.com/products/dasp-mini-digital-egg-incubator-7-egg-hatch-capacity-pink

Here's some more detailed info:

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/774021/dasp-mini-digital-incubator-trial-and-review

Only one of the eggs hatched in that detailed thread. Doesn't look like it's the best incubator. You may want to return it for something else.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom