The Duck Thread

Thank you
1f603.png

water bowl ideas??. I put a bowl of water in my ducks house/coop every night. Here's the problem, they don't just drink from it they get IN it and spill it all over. Any ideas??

Hi, what kind of floor is in your duck house?
mine is river rock... so i put tarps down and straw on top of that for the nesting area..i cleaned out the duck house about 1 weeek ago and decided not to put straw down on the entire duck house floor... i only put the straw down where i made nesting boxes for the ducks. all my females sleep in the duck house. all my drakes sleep in a horse trailer coverted into a duck house for them.
here is my duck house. i put a barrier up for the eating & drinking area:

i put up some chicken wire to make a pen area for my youngest lings, they are 1.5months old and the larger pekin is 3mo and she is special needs, so i keep her w/t babies so she can be comfortable.
this is the other side of the house. i made nesting boxes. the tarps make it easy to pic up straw, haul it off to my North 40 and it grows back into mixed grass hay for my horses. win win situation.

hope this helps you and gives you ideas.

from https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/621856/duck-must-haves

Here is what I have for the basement-winter pen:

For spring, summer and fall they have a porch attached to their house and the water and feed are kept on the porch. I really like them having a large bowl - large enough for them to climb into - in the summer.

For feed, now that they´re adults (I have Runners and Buffs) I get plastic containers that were originally used to ship frozen fish. They´re about 18 inches long, 10 inches wide, and 4 inches deep. We have no problems with food splashing since going with these containers. The price is right, and they clean up quite well.
Is this it? @Amiga

Last edited:
:(  So sorry. I hope the rest make it! You did the best you could, though, I'm sure. :hugs

Sadly the little guys didn't make it
1f61e.png

I want to be happy that my single late bloomer egg was alive and well after all this but I found out this morning around 10am while at work that theres a power outage at home and it won't be back on till 7pm
1f61e.png
1f620.png
there's just no winning this time around. I can't believe I lost them all
1f62d.png
1f61e.png

Sadly the little guys didn't make it
1f61e.png

I want to be happy that my single late bloomer egg was alive and well after all this but I found out this morning around 10am while at work that theres a power outage at home and it won't be back on till 7pm
1f61e.png
1f620.png
there's just no winning this time around. I can't believe I lost them all
1f62d.png
1f61e.png
i feel your sadness, helplessness too...

Back
Top Bottom