The Duck Thread

Nope, doesn't bother me at all. Pretty aren't they? Wish mine looked like that.
hmm.png
Think you might be right though Dan. (I didn't notice that earlier) The birds in question look like they have the white bars above and below the speculum feathers. My black Swede does have white wing tips, but they are just that the leading edge of the tip of the last flight feather is white. Also my black Swede has completely black feet which I think is normal. My Blue Swede has orange and blue blotches, but my black one's feet look the same as my Cayuga. Their bib is much nicer and more uniform than my black Swede's though, I'm jealous of that
big_smile.png

Added: pic showing white lead edge of wing tip.

But not nearly as nice of a bib.

Last edited:
Think you might be right though Dan.  (I didn't notice that earlier)  The birds in question look like they have the white bars above and below the speculum feathers.  My black Swede does have white wing tips, but they are just that the leading edge of the tip of the last flight feather is white.  Also my black Swede has completely black feet which I think is normal.  My Blue Swede has orange and blue blotches, but my black one's feet look the same as my Cayuga.  Their bib is much nicer and more uniform than my black Swede's though, I'm jealous of that :D

:)

So thats what he means by edges of wings? So where did those ducks get whitish speculums? Couldnt be from a mallard...maybe the welsh?
My Rouens have white stripes above and below their speculum feathers. I would think a Mallard would have them too, or the welsh.

Okay, this is has nothing to do with that conversation, but I need help...
What hatchery should I choose??
We had our heart set on Metzer's, but they changed their dates; now they won't ship ducklings until after Spring Break! Any ideas?

We had our heart set on Metzer's, but they changed their dates; now they won't ship ducklings until after Spring Break! Any ideas?
You waited your whole life. I'd still get Metzer's, but then my flock is from Metzer's.

What kind of ducks are you getting? Mine are coming from metzers next week and they have other breeds still available through march as well. but lots of others already sold out for this month

Back
Top Bottom