The Duck Thread

Great news! We have at least 5 internal pips or peeps or whatever they are called!!!!:woot:woot:wee:wee:wee:ya:ya:yaI can't even say how excited I am. My daughter is a mess and we did find a few quitters but we're definitely getting babies!!!
20170525_151709.jpg

I was so bummed! I told hubby I was just going to assume no one would hatch and be happy if any do. Hes kinda bummed he's out of town. It takes awhile for ducks to hatch after internal pip right?

My BROODER set up paint tray with mettle liner so duck water doesn't spill in to pine shavings. Thermometer in the middle other half is in my room so I know what the BROODER temp is. I also have an extra storage tote when I'm cleaning the brooder I can set the other one up and keep the ducklings warm. today I took the ducklings outside with me and filled up the kitty pool so they could swim while I cleaned up their brooder. last year when I was doing ducklings I had a hard time keeping they're brooder clean because they poop so much and they're so messy and they like to play in their water so I found this guy's YouTube video of how to set this up. As a lot of you know ducklings love to play in their water so their shavings would get really dirty and wet so it would be a daily ritual to clean their brooder and replace most or all of the shavings at least twice a day. what that set up I've only had to do it one time in the one week I've had them. So I wanted to share this with you

Attachments

• 20170525_134103.jpg
    20170525_134103.jpg
    266.2 KB · Views: 7
Yes can be 24 from internal then external can even be another 24 to fully hatch out...That's in incubator...Not positive if it's same for mama hatch but would say close to it.

Back
Top Bottom