The Duck Thread

Sooo they did eventually take them in. It was warm last night and hubby convinced me to leave them and see if they would cuddle when it cooled off. They did and today its a big happy family. Except one Cayuga got out in main pen and stuck in a litter box with water in it. I had put rocks so they could get out but apparently she couldn't figure it out. So one leg isnt working right now. I have her in a brooder with some chicks warm and vitamins in her. Any thoughts on how long till I know if shes not going to get better?

Help please

I have a male Peking duck was givin to me by a friend. He was doing great them out of the blue he laid down n now he won't stand up and doesn't seem at all interested in food. He is drinking fine other wise moving fine but one leg is not being used at all. He will not lay with it under him. I don't want to loose my duck can any one help.

20170706_124136.jpg
I hope I'm in the right place to post this, I have a 13 month old Blue Swedish duck that is losing his hair on neck, head and starting to lose his wing feathers and turning pale within a weeks time can anyone advise me on what I might be dealing with?

Help please

I have a male Peking duck was givin to me by a friend. He was doing great them out of the blue he laid down n now he won't stand up and doesn't seem at all interested in food. He is drinking fine other wise moving fine but one leg is not being used at all. He will not lay with it under him. I don't want to loose my duck can any one help.
@Silvermoonfox How is your Pekin doing today? sorry no one commented

@Silvermoonfox, do you know if he injured his leg some how? If his leg is really painful that might be giving him disinterest in food. At least he is drinking. I hope he feels better real soon. Please keep us posted on how he's doing.

My little guy with the bum leg is back outside with mom! Still a little limp but I think he will be okay. Quite the family they have. Two Peking moms, 3 Cayuga, 4 Welsh, 1 Peking thats 8 days older then everyone, and one tiny little blue Muscovy/Peking. So far so good! And sold my first batch of Muscovy ducklings today!
20170706_123219.jpg

The little one by moms foot is the Muscovy mix.

Back
Top Bottom