The Duck Thread

yesterday. She had been panting for a few days but her nose was stuffed so I let her take a couple bathes to clear i yesterday I saw her nose was clear. It was a cold morning so she was cuddling. She was panting. In the cold she was panting
That's too bad, they can hide their sicknesses so well. I'm sure she knew you loved her.

LittleBlu, sorry about the loss of your Crackers. I understand the holding off on more ducks while you are dealing with the grieving process. Like miss Lydia said, animals are good at hiding how hurt/sick they really are. You did what you could and I'm sure she had a wonderful life with you, even if it wasn't long enough.

Fuzzy has now grown out 1 beautiful green and gray feather! He is quite the duck!

Well... Today Crackers died.. I didn't know that she could die from a respiratory infection. I didn't quite know she had one but there were signs. I loved her dearly. I hope to get more ducks soon.. Maybe not too soon. Today has been a hard day. I hope no one has to go through this. She was my little miracle. Rest in peace Crackers

Oh I am so sorry to be reading this as it is a heart breaker RIP Crackers
hit.gif

I'm so sorry, Blu...we're all here for you. Poor lil Crackers. :( But you gave her an awesome life, sweets. I'm sure she was happy.
hugs.gif

Quick question. One of my girls is losing a lot of feathers and down. She as a little bold spot on her side that is getting bigger. Could this be feather Mites causing this? If so how would I go about getting rid of them?

LittleBlu, sorry about the loss of your Crackers. I understand the holding off on more ducks while you are dealing with the grieving process. Like miss Lydia said, animals are good at hiding how hurt/sick they really are. You did what you could and I'm sure she had a wonderful life with you, even if it wasn't long enough.

Thanks you very much. It means a lot to me. I'm going to have a cross made for her grave. Thank you for your sympathy

I'm so sorry, Blu...we're all here for you. Poor lil Crackers. :( But you gave her an awesome life, sweets. I'm sure she was happy. :hugs

Well she sure seemed happy so I'm going to believe she was. She was the best little duck and I dont know if I'll find another one. She had her own personality

Back
Top Bottom