The Duck Thread

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by ZakoHero, Jan 17, 2013.

1. Lacrystol

Lacrystol Hatching Helper

Jun 13, 2009
    Diamond, Ohio
    I love the crested one. LOL

2. PotatoWaffles

PotatoWaffles Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 10, 2014
    Northwest Ohio
    My ducks don't seem to mind the snow anymore, but I do. When will winter end? =[

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia "I Believe" Premium Member

Well you sure don't want them not using the steps. so scratch that proposal lol look forward to seeing your completed project I'd have to get 2 of those tanks but may consider doing that when my pools finally fall apart.

4. City farm

City farm Overrun With Chickens

Jul 6, 2012
    Mesa, Arizona U.S.A.
    Rick & Lauren are looking for bug's.
    [​IMG]

5. Alice28

Alice28 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2014
    Yay! Are ducks have made a huge dent in the snail population in our yard!

6. PotatoWaffles

PotatoWaffles Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 10, 2014
    Northwest Ohio
    One of my WH ducklings, Jeepers, has a clogged nare. I noticed it because she seemed a little snuffly during their daily swim. She was also whistling slightly when she breathed. They have access to water that they can dip their heads in at all times. She otherwise seems perfectly healthy and fine. Just wondering if it is cause for concern, and what might have caused it.

Also, is it normal for ducklings to start to look like they're outgrowing their down? They're almost two weeks old and their down is starting to look thinner. Their tail feathers are coming in, and boy do they look funny lol. And omg they won't stop trying to eat my hoodie string as I type this. Rawr duckies! Lol =]

Last edited: Feb 21, 2015
  7. Kaessa

Kaessa Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2015
    Fruita, CO
    Is it wrong that I want to go down to TSC and get a couple of babies to raise before my muscovy babies get here? They'd be all ready to go outside by the time the muscovies showed up.

IT'S A SICKNESS OMG

8. Alice28

Alice28 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2014
    Put 1-2 Tbs Apple cider vinegar in a gallon of water. I did that when my duck was all stuffy. I think it was Miss Lydia who told me. Put it in water that's deep enough to put their beaks in. I cut a hole in a milk jug and put water and vinager in it, then also put another deep dish out with water and vinegar. By the second day the sniffles were all gone.

9. Y-Knot

Y-Knot Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 12, 2014
    Loma Rica, CA
    These little ones are so awesomely cute.:)

10. needlessjunk

needlessjunk Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2014
    Round Rock, TX
    So pretty!

Apparently my ducks are quite upset at the moment. It's cold and rainy so we are not outside with them. They have been at the back door yelling at me all morning and won't touch the cabbage I hung up for them.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by