The Duck Thread

My ducks don't seem to mind the snow anymore, but I do. When will winter end? =[

Thank you. It's 50 gallons so I expect to have to empty it every other day or so. It didn't seem to hold that much more than the kiddie pool just deeper so that they can really swim. Mr. Drake is not very friendly so trying to catch him is a big production and then when I put him in he is happy till my girls chase him out. He just run out of the pool any way he can and ends up jumping off whatever side is closer not using the rocks inside. I made another set of stairs so maybe he will try those? Right now he just quacking up a storm because all the girls and in there and he just goes around the stairs. If I put him on them he is so scared that he wigs out when I let go. This year we are working on the entire yard to get the regular mud under control so when I finally landscape their pool area I will post more pics.
Well you sure don't want them not using the steps. so scratch that proposal lol look forward to seeing your completed project I'd have to get 2 of those tanks but may consider doing that when my pools finally fall apart.

One of my WH ducklings, Jeepers, has a clogged nare. I noticed it because she seemed a little snuffly during their daily swim. She was also whistling slightly when she breathed. They have access to water that they can dip their heads in at all times. She otherwise seems perfectly healthy and fine. Just wondering if it is cause for concern, and what might have caused it.

Also, is it normal for ducklings to start to look like they're outgrowing their down? They're almost two weeks old and their down is starting to look thinner. Their tail feathers are coming in, and boy do they look funny lol. And omg they won't stop trying to eat my hoodie string as I type this. Rawr duckies! Lol =]

Last edited:
Is it wrong that I want to go down to TSC and get a couple of babies to raise before my muscovy babies get here? They'd be all ready to go outside by the time the muscovies showed up.

IT'S A SICKNESS OMG

One of my WH ducklings, Jeepers, has a clogged nare. I noticed it because she seemed a little snuffly during their daily swim. She was also whistling slightly when she breathed. They have access to water that they can dip their heads in at all times. She otherwise seems perfectly healthy and fine. Just wondering if it is cause for concern, and what might have caused it.

Also, is it normal for ducklings to start to look like they're outgrowing their down? They're almost two weeks old and their down is starting to look thinner. Their tail feathers are coming in, and boy do they look funny lol. And omg they won't stop trying to eat my hoodie string as I type this. Rawr duckies! Lol =]

Put 1-2 Tbs Apple cider vinegar in a gallon of water. I did that when my duck was all stuffy. I think it was Miss Lydia who told me. Put it in water that's deep enough to put their beaks in. I cut a hole in a milk jug and put water and vinager in it, then also put another deep dish out with water and vinegar. By the second day the sniffles were all gone.

Back
Top Bottom