The Duck Thread

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by ZakoHero, Jan 17, 2013.

1. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Loving this country life Premium Member

Have you tried talking to the folks at your local feed store? are you making sure you duck that's left is safe and secure? you could give her a mirror to keep her company till you find another duck I'd actually get 2 more that way Heaven forbid it you lost one there would still be 2. What happened to the duck that died? I assume it died. Here in the USA we have craigslist do you have anything like that on line/ they have a farm section you may find ducks there or any rescues close around you?

2. attimus

attimus Chillin' With My Peeps

Don't know how close kalispel(spelling?) is to you but I found ducks for 10$ on the AB craiglist also a free turkey :)

1 person likes this.
  3. Saskfarmgirl

Saskfarmgirl Out Of The Brooder

Feb 27, 2012
    Saskatchewan, Canada

its in canada in the province Alberta. what should i do?

I m outside of Regina, Sk
    I just set some duck eggs this week from my buffs and have 4 more collected.
    I m sure alot will start popping up in ur area within the next month or 2.
    I can't ship ducklings but I may be able to spare some eggs to help you out if u can incubate.

4. jtn42248

jtn42248 Overrun With Chickens

If you are anywhere near Darwell you might check out http://www.duckopolis.com/. They are a hatchery/breeder but may be able to either find you some ducks that will be compatible or at least point you in the direction of some. Good luck.

5. hennible

hennible Overrun With Chickens

Have you tried on the Canadian thread? Its slow but I know there are lots of albertans....

6. buffducks247

buffducks247 Out Of The Brooder

Sep 6, 2013
    That would be amazing. Could i get your email and phone number so we could talk more about this. You are very sweet thanks so much look forward to talking to you soon! And yes i do have an incubator and how much would u want me to pay you for the eggs if this all works out?

7. wafflesandmoe

wafflesandmoe Out Of The Brooder

Aug 10, 2013
    Hey guys, i just have a question about Metzer's hatching eggs. Ok so I want to order them around May 16 so that the will hatch in the Summer when i have more time to take care of them, anyways, can i pre-order duck eggs? Or do i order them like May 13 or right around there? Thanks!

8. PotatoWaffles

PotatoWaffles Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 10, 2014
    Northwest Ohio

I'm pretty sure you can pre order, but I would call them to find out for sure. They have excellent customer service.

9. PotatoWaffles

PotatoWaffles Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 10, 2014
    Northwest Ohio
    [​IMG]

Sure, Waffles, just lay that egg anywhere -_-

10. Saskfarmgirl

Saskfarmgirl Out Of The Brooder

Feb 27, 2012
    Saskatchewan, Canada

PM'd you

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by