The Duck Thread

love.gif
So cute!!!I love them!

my ducks does anyone know the breed pekin maybe? i have had them for 6 months now, 3 were female and 2 males we decided to eat one of the males and it was good. i plan to incubate the eggs in the spring for more meat birds. the eggs are big and they have laid every single day since coming in to lay...

What was the reaction when your ducks saw thier first snow?

This was my year and a half old rouen ducks in thier first ever snow. ENJOY :D

my ducks does anyone know the breed pekin maybe? i have had them for 6 months now, 3 were female and 2 males we decided to eat one of the males and it was good. i plan to incubate the eggs in the spring for more meat birds. the eggs are big and they have laid every single day since coming in to lay...

They look like pekins to me. How old are they? (Or how old were they in the picture?)

I have asked myself this question any number of times. My general approach is to err on the side of caution, and do things that don't take whole bunches of extra effort but might make a slight positive difference. Offering drinking water with less poo in it is that kind of thing for me. Just reduces to total bacterial load in what they drink during the course of the day.
Oh O.K so the ducks them selves don't care at all but when they are out of the pool they are going to choose the easier option which will be the clean water (in my case, as my pool is up high and they cant drink from it unless they actually get into it).
Thanks again Amiga, you seem to be "THE" duck expert.

Stonykill, what a lovely family! I am really enjoying all these photo's!

ZakoHero, please go over with us again how you are going to protect those beautiful ducks or ducklings from predators. Please, please don't underestimate their need for protection.
hugs.gif

Cute video Marwan, my ducks are not thrilled with snow.
Origionally mine tried to swim in it then proceeded to run as fast as they can to get away but kept looking down and were confused why it was still under there feet. 10 mins later they were chilling and sliding down the hill and posing for photos :D

Stonykill, what a lovely family! I am really enjoying all these photo's!

ZakoHero, please go over with us again how you are going to protect those beautiful ducks or ducklings from predators. Please, please don't underestimate their need for protection.
hugs.gif
I am probably going to build them a huge coop and never let them out except when I'm there
barnie.gif
idunno.gif

Back
Top Bottom