The Duck Thread

My two Pekins are about a month or so now. I've said before the one flips on her back when she's scared and at first I thought she was having a seizure, but she's fine once we flip her over and once she knows I'm there to save her she quits kicking her legs and Kay's still so I can help her. She did it again at 4 in the morning, it woke up me, my husband, and our neighbor, I live in an apartment. She was so loud banging and knocking over everything. Anyone know why this is happening? They are officially indoor ducks, I could never let them outside alone for fear of no one hearing her and they could never be seperated

I was thinking the same, but going through some Rouen pictures, I'm still contemplating on that
For sure not a Rouen, they look like mallards and she is has more white. She is very pretty! She doesn't have quite the right look for a welsh harlequin but I'm not an expert and have a hard time telling them apart for silver apple yards. My avatar is my welsh harlequin. Your white ones look like pekins.

For sure not a Rouen, they look like mallards and she is has more white.  She is very pretty!  She doesn't have quite the right look for a welsh harlequin but I'm not an expert and have a hard time telling them apart for silver apple yards.  My avatar is my welsh harlequin.  Your white ones look like pekins.

I suspected that she is a mixed breed as well, perhaps a mallard/welsh harlequin -pekin mix. Just curious about the possible offspring that may come up as i have two male pekin

Last edited:
I'm having an identity crisis with one of my ducks. I bought five matured ducks few days ago from someone who could not say what they are. Four of them (the white ones) I think are Pekin? However there is one duck I can't really tell the breed. Here are some pictures I took this morning in their new home.

She is a beauty. I am also guessing Silver Appleyard (possibly a mix) but if that is the case she is a seriously scarce bird. As of just a few years ago the census of domestic waterfowl in North America listed only 128 breeding pairs. I can't imagine why so few since they are (both male and female) really beautiful.

Back
Top Bottom