The Duck Thread

I got the good camera out for a change, instead of taking pictures with my phone. Everyone is dirty and molting, so they didn't come out as well as I'd like. We're digging the drainage system tomorrow, so I dumped their pool yesterday morning to let everything dry out.

Here's Abba, wondering what the heck that thing is I have in my hands.

And Harley, wondering the same thing. They're both looking super ragged.

Little Poke, posing for the camera. She seriously needs a bath.

My pretty Harley.

I got the good camera out for a change, instead of taking pictures with my phone. Everyone is dirty and molting, so they didn't come out as well as I'd like. We're digging the drainage system tomorrow, so I dumped their pool yesterday morning to let everything dry out. Here's Abba, wondering what the heck that thing is I have in my hands. And Harley, wondering the same thing. They're both looking super ragged. Little Poke, posing for the camera. She seriously needs a bath. My pretty Harley.
They are all so gorgeous! Mine are looking pretty scruffy too. And I noticed today their chests are kinda yellow again....

Oh your welcome, it's worth a try.. You just never know what will work.. We actually use a roasting pan that is next to their food.. That way they don't have to get in the horse trough, "pond" to drink.. We change it every day, they really like the fresh water..

Beauties all around what breed? (including the cat, Maine Coon?)

So, I'm standing on my deck and it's cold and dreary and perfect. I'm watching duck TV and loving it. Evens my dogs are being good. The geese are calling to each other and everyone is happy! In this picture, or just out of sight are 4 Canadian geese, 5 Cayuga, 4 Pekin x call, 1 pekin 1 call and 2 mallard. And just for fun, a mated pair of wild mallards... It doesn't get better than this!

Last edited:
I finally decided to seperate him.

He kept going at her and I just knew since she could seriously be hurt,to step in.He wouldnt stop so I picked him up and put him in the grow out pen.
thumbsup.gif
Good for you. A Pekin drake and a tiny Runner goodness that could get serious, I'm glad you stepped in. Some drakes just have way to much testosterone for their own good.

So, I'm standing on my deck and it's cold and dreary and perfect. I'm watching duck TV and loving it. Evens my dogs are being good. The geese are calling to each other and everyone is happy! In this picture, or just out of sight are 4 Canadian geese, 5 Cayuga, 4 Pekin x call, 1 pekin 1 call and 2 mallard. And just for fun, a mated pair of wild mallards... It doesn't get better than this!
Nice pond did you dig it yourself? sounds like everyone is enjoying it. Which of those you mentioned are yours?

No, it's natural to the property, spring fed. Ice freaking cold too! All are mine except the wild mallards, they found our property to be duck friendly!(go figure) Next year I want to do a floating duck house, and to get my federal permit, I have to chain link it in.... Best duck TV station in town!!!

Back
Top Bottom