The Duck Thread

@Julie Bird finally got a pic of Tiggy showing his purple wingbar.
It turns from green to blue to purple with the slightest variation of position.

And the brown on Juice just kinda blends...

And a new shot of Opie

And Chibs being silly! Look at all those freckles!
Yay, thank you. I love his wing bar. I was actually thinking about him and his wing bar yesterday. It is truly amazing. And Juice's is beautiful too. Love the borders or lines along it. I think it is fascinating how nature just paints these birds. I love it. I can't get over how beautiful your burds are. If I filter out the part of my brain that only sees cute then I can appreciate their coloring. Opie's crest even looks multi colored. And I see buttery coloring in Chibs' coat. I love your duckies!!

@RedIII Ohno :( Must be really hard to re home one. We have had to build new enclosures to separate the drakes and females. Everyone is going mad with me at the money we are spending on the ducks. Woops!

Last night, 4 ducklings. This morning there are 3 more with 8 pips. All of my duck eggs have pipped that went to lockdown.

Yay, thank you. I love his wing bar. I was actually thinking about him and his wing bar yesterday. It is truly amazing. And Juice's is beautiful too. Love the borders or lines along it. I think it is fascinating how nature just paints these birds. I love it. I can't get over how beautiful your burds are. If I filter out the part of my brain that only sees cute then I can appreciate their coloring. Opie's crest even looks multi colored. And I see buttery coloring in Chibs' coat. I love your duckies!!

It is pretty fascinating. Was just thinking how I never appreciated just how beautiful these birds were before I had any of my own. Ducks, geese, chickens, peas... all of them! There are some lovely critters on this forum! I love looking at all of them.
Opie's crest is mainly white, with 2 or 3 little black feathers that pop out of the very front, and waft back over the white feathers. Its truly adorable. Opie and Chibs both have that buttery look going on, but they just molted. The new feathers started coming in that yellowish color, but are slowing getting back to white. Opie walked away from me yesterday, and leaned down to eat something, and her little behind is such a cute mix of black and white. Capturing that will be my next photographic adventure... lol

Last night, 4 ducklings. This morning there are 3 more with 8 pips. All of my duck eggs have pipped that went to lockdown.

Excellent! That's an accomplishment!

I love how that one is just laid out, legs stretched out, when they pass out like that, its so funny... exhausted.

Back
Top Bottom