The Duck Thread

I read that they will still breed into early summer so yes I think
early summer? more like into early fall.

@RowJimmy1868 if your other Pekin is crested please don't let them have ducklings, it is a lethal gene and all kinds of things can happen to the ducklings. while being incubated. none pleasant.

I understand that hahaha but they don't exclusively breed then. They can breed in late winter through spring into early summer......

@RowJimmy1868
   if your other Pekin is crested please don't let them have ducklings, it is a lethal gene and all kinds of things can happen to the ducklings. while being incubated. none pleasant.

@RowJimmy1868
   if your other Pekin is crested please don't let them have ducklings, it is a lethal gene and all kinds of things can happen to the ducklings. while being incubated. none pleasant.

rly summer? more like into early fall.
I understand that hahaha but they don't exclusively breed then. They can breed in late winter through spring into early summer......

Sorry for repost it didn't quite right before

[quote name="Pekin1999" url="/t/737292/the-duck-thread/6630#post_

Sorry for repost it didn't quite right before[/quote]

I suppose it can depend where you live too. In North Dakota there is often already snow then! Hahah

So all 4 eggs in the bator are alive! And lots of movement! One egg appears to be a double. They were set May 31. Question. There seems to be some empty space, not the air cell, but along the side. It's in 3. Yellow glow when lit. Temp 99.5° humidity 40. Circulated air. Am I looking a seriously sticky?

Last edited:
So all 4 eggs in the bator are alive! And lots of movement! One egg appears to be a double. They were set May 31. Question. There seems to be some empty space, not the air cell, but along the side. It's in 3. Yellow glow when lit. Temp 99.5° humidity 40. Circulated air. Am I looking a seriously sticky?
@Lacrystol is the lady to talk to about sticky.

I don't know If I'm posting in the right area. If I'm not please direct me ..LOL
My ducklings arrive on Tuesday. I'm doing my best to gather all the info I can and read as much as I can, but some simple things aren't easily answered, for me anyways,

Questions:. June 16th they will be arriving, They'll be a day or two old. So with it being June, will I get eggs before the winter? At what age will Pekins a special Muscovys start to have eggs?

I absolutely can't wait for my little guys, but like I was with the arrival of the chicks, I'm incredibly nervous I will screw it up. Hopefully all my readings and this a,aging site will help me as much as the chicken info has. I can not even describe how many times I've been on here looking things up! What a help this site is!!

Unfortunately I don't find this the easiest site to navigate so if I've posted in the earring area my apologizes.

Cheers,

Sandy

@Julie Bird - have I told you lately how much I enjoy reading what you post?
lol.png
(Of course, I do agree...they are just so darn cute!)

I'm becoming increasingly confident that I have 3 females (both Rouens + 1 Pekin) and 1 drake Pekin. I'm relieved, but would have preferred all females. Of course, we named her (that's what I thought at the time) Diva so I guess we'll be changing it. Also, happy to report that his bill healed fine. I was amazed at how fast it got better!
Aaaw, Debs, you are a sweetheart. Thank you. It is so much fun being on here with wonderful people like you and @WVduckchick and I am sincere about this.

I am happy Diva (soon to be renamed) is healing so well. I hate hearing bad things about the sweeties and am always relieved to read they are recovering successfully. Will Mr Diva try and mate with all 3 girls or will they gang up on him?

Back
Top Bottom