The Duck Thread

Here is a chart for candling duck eggs. http://wildliferehabber.com/candling-eggs
crack a couple and look for the bulls eye.
another thing you have to consider is not all ducks brood. not saying your Cayuga won't but alot of ducks especially the ones bred for egg laying have just about had the broodiness bred out of them. Although sometimes they can fool us.

Last edited:
I would say the same but I know in the past I have giving my ducks the medicated chick started and from my experience, zero issues, then I did my research and found that there's just not enough medication in the food to do such damage.  But your right, it would depend on the place and ingredients...

True. They may have given them something else that they didn't know not to give game birds, as well. (??)

:celebrate Came out of the house this morning to find 9 baby duckies with mama :ya all so cute  no pics yet mama won't let me near yet unless i have food or water.

Cute! :)

LOL...ducks are SO cute to get us to love them and out of that love comes the nurturing. It's a win/win.
love.gif
Debs, you are so right. Aren't they just sweet and kind little beings?

Yay! I've returned the favor by giving you giggles. LOL...I literally laughed out loud at them. Who knew they could make themselves so flat!? They are definitely smart and thank God for their instincts.
You are funny in how you tell your stories. I can tell you have an awesome sense of humor.

The pancaking of a burd kills me. It is so cute. My itty bitty zebra hen does it and I tell her she could fit underneath the space of a closed door in a house. Then something else the birds do is they "pencil" out. Whereby they stretch long and shrink all their feathers in. I have seen ducks do it. The thing I love about all bird species is they all kinda do the same physical things.

Yes regarding their instincts. John's duck girls run under the deck when they see a predator bird above.

Back
Top Bottom