The Duck Thread

Try to maintain the humidity at around 50-55, don't go any higher, with it being at 30-40 it may cause the others some issues but the issue shouldn't be to bad.. Now once they start to external you may have to spray them once or twice to loosen them up and make it easier for them to get out. But will wait for that moment...

Your in a pickle with ducks.  OK, your gonna have to lower that humidity, and heres why, if you raise it, your basically locking down ALL the eggs, and apparently you have some that are not ready for Lock down, so what will happen is those eggs will get sticky and Possibly not make it out. 

Check out my link here, it's pretty interesting...

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/517688/they-still-hatched-and-no-lockdown

Of course this was done with some Chickens they are much easier then ducks.  But with staggered hatchings you can't lock them down because your causing damage to the other eggs.  SOOOOOOo
Oh, andddd...first hatch with 2 doubles later!!!! Can u give me a humidity level for now? I'll read your thread and I've read the assisted hatch already. Time wise, I will not be able to do an assisted if it comes to that.
1f612.png

Try to maintain the humidity at around 50-55, don't go any higher, with it being at 30-40 it may cause the others some issues but the issue shouldn't be to bad..  Now once they start to external you may have to spray them once or twice to loosen them up and make it easier for them to get out.  But will wait for that moment...
ok. Got it. The simplistic idea of that link, is perfect! I've watched my momma ducks, they don't lock down! (And they're fabulous at what they do!)

Glad lacrystol is here to help you. I'm just going to sit back and enjoy the show, but wanted you to know I'll be checking in and hoping for the best.
1f60a.png

Oh, and when you are done, I'll tell you how to do emojis from a phone lol. :gig

ok. Got it. The simplistic idea of that link, is perfect! I've watched my momma ducks, they don't lock down! (And they're fabulous at what they do!)
Well actually they do, what they do is they will go swimming, and sit on there eggs with there bodies wet, they won't clean themselves off, this is there way of locking them down. but lets try this and see if you can get some babies. WOOOO HOOOO let the FUN BEGIN...

Glad lacrystol is here to help you. I'm just going to sit back and enjoy the show, but wanted you to know I'll be checking in and hoping for the best.
1f60a.png

Oh, and when you are done, I'll tell you how to do emojis from a phone lol.
gig.gif
LOL that's funny..
wee.gif

Here's MINE. although it's not from my phone. LOL

Well actually they do, what they do is they will go swimming, and sit on there eggs with there bodies wet, they won't clean themselves off, this is there way of locking them down.  but lets try this and see if you can get some babies. WOOOO HOOOO let the FUN BEGIN...
Well she's tap tap tapping. If no external pip by 3pm Sunday, safety hole? Pencil tip size? Hiya @WVduckchick
1f423.png
only still emoticons!
1f622.png

Back
Top Bottom