The Duck Thread

Qbert has been here a week now. Looks do be doing well and still spends plenty of time in my shoulder.

Still hoping for a drake. Anyone here own or ever owned wood ducks would love to run some questions across....
Qbert has an extremely sweet little face.

. So I have 3 eggs due next Saturday. Can anyone tell me about this air cell? My temp/humidity are good, I'm running low humidity incubation. This one it tapping... Can it be a very early hatch? Yes, know there's an incubation forum, just this one seems to be more active. Thank you for the help.

Don't forget to let the egg's sit at room temperature for 24 hours or 12 hours minimum with the pointed end down so the air bubbles will settle this will give you a much better chance of a good hatch as the traveling was very rough on the egg's .....

Good luck with your hatch
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif

So my week early duckling has broken through the internal membrane.. It happend sometime between 5:30an-3:00pm today. What next? I see some yellow staining too...
@WVduckchick @Lacrystol @AmyLynn2374 can you folks or anyone give some info for next step

Don't forget to let the egg's sit at room temperature for 24 hours or 12 hours minimum with the pointed end down so the air bubbles will settle this will give you a much better chance of a good hatch as the traveling was very rough on the egg's .....

Good luck with your hatch  :jumpy  :jumpy  :jumpy  
lol, these eggs only traveled from momma duck out back to incubator inside!!! But seriously, a jumping hatching chick emoticon...I want that!!! (Can't emote anything from this phone!)

Back
Top Bottom