The Duck Thread

I love that name. I envy you or that person who has that ball of cuteness on their lap.
Thank you! I love her name too, I thought about changing it when we figured out she was a girl but I just like it too much :) We have Oakley and Pogo the Rouens, Marshmallow the pekin, Willow and wobbles the Muscovies, Penelope (aka Little Duck), Luna, Sophie, and Petrie the Ancona's. Not sure the gender on anybody but Oakley yet though.

Little Duck, Oakley, Pogo, Willow and Wobbles are all very sweet and cuddly ducks. The rest not so much but I love them anyway!

Penelope

Marshmallow. Doesn't mind being held but hates to be caught. Pardon my messy look I was gardening lol

Last edited:
Woooobbles <3 Hehe I also have a cat named Pogo, how's that for a coincidence? :p She's not so cute or cuddly, though...

love.gif
Oh cute pics all over the place. LOVE it!! @needlessjunk - thanks for sharing the video. Adorable babies!!

Thank you! I love her name too, I thought about changing it when we figured out she was a girl but I just like it too much :) We have Oakley and Pogo the Rouens, Marshmallow the pekin, Willow and wobbles the Muscovies, Penelope (aka Little Duck), Luna, Sophie, and Petrie the Ancona's. Not sure the gender on anybody but Oakley yet though.

Little Duck, Oakley, Pogo, Willow and Wobbles are all very sweet and cuddly ducks. The rest not so much but I love them anyway!

Penelope

Marshmallow. Doesn't mind being held but hates to be caught. Pardon my messy look I was gardening lol
All the names are so cool.

Penelope is a sweet little faced duckling. Ok, Penelope, look at me that way and you can have anything you want.

Thank you! I love her name too, I thought about changing it when we figured out she was a girl but I just like it too much :) We have Oakley and Pogo the Rouens, Marshmallow the pekin, Willow and wobbles the Muscovies, Penelope (aka Little Duck), Luna, Sophie, and Petrie the Ancona's. Not sure the gender on anybody but Oakley yet though. Little Duck, Oakley, Pogo, Willow and Wobbles are all very sweet and cuddly ducks. The rest not so much but I love them anyway! Penelope Marshmallow. Doesn't mind being held but hates to be caught. Pardon my messy look I was gardening lol
I love Penelope. Look at that face!

All the names are so cool.

Penelope is a sweet little faced duckling. Ok, Penelope, look at me that way and you can have anything you want.

I love Penelope. Look at that face!

She is as sweet as she looks too! Very spoiled but the problem is she does not know she is a duck. She was a rescue from a friends house. She was the only duckling to hatch and when she did he was out of town. We stopped over to drop off something he forgot in our truck and found her being hunted by a cat and she had clearly only hatched hours prior to us finding her.. She was supposed to go back to him when she was big enough but...she is staying here lol.

She was way too much younger than the other ducklings to be put with them and we didn't have space to get her a buddy. She can see and hear the other ducks at least.

A few more photos from our garden hang out time yesterday.

My fiance and his dad are right next to the garden building teh duck coop..when they climbed up the ladder Oakley and Pogo got spooked and jumped in my lap. I love how sweet they are and the fact that they still see me as their safe place.

I call penelope the Diva duck or the princess because she much prefers to be on my lap than to put her little diva feet on the dirt or grass LOL

Penelope's favorite snuggle spot. When you can see my skin in pictures I like to let people know, I have Vitiligo (think Micheal Jackson). I wasn't burned :) People always ask if it is burns.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom