The Duck Thread

well they have a safe spot but the 3 stooges , both drakes and a young cockrel made a nest together out in the hay, the night they all got in trouble and all the males were locked out of the coop, I know they are coming up on maturity mallard is younger and getting bright green head and some pretty wild colors the other drake is about a month older, and still wants to play momma to everyone as he's done it for 4 months.

/HUGS

The very BIGGEST of hugs.

hugs.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
hugs.gif

Consider yourself hugged and many prayers being prayed.

hugs.gif
hugs.gif
HUGS

and PRAYERS!!
fl.gif
fl.gif

barnie.gif

No, no, no, no, no, no!!!!!!!!

rant.gif

And for JadeComputerGal,
hugs.gif

I'm so sorry to hear that . We're all praying for you and your babies!

Prayers , healing energy, protection and big hugs

hope that helps

Hugs and prayers for you dear!!
hugs.gif

hugs.gif
hugs.gif
How about 2 you have really had a rough couple of days. I hope all ducklings make it to hatch. and beyond Amen

Oh Jade, I'm so sorry...if that guy doesn't give your money back then yeah, you should totally sue. What if your ducks had suffered? I don't trust his word, and now I worry about his own ducks!

I'm hoping your little babies are okay. Oh honey, I'm just so sorry...

I want to say thank you to all you wonderful, beautiful people. I'm a mess today, which isn't like me. The bright spot is that I just went to check the egg that was due for lockdown today and our little baby in it is kicking around like crazy and in lockdown now. I have a great deal of hope this one will make it since it was so far along when the incubator disaster happened. I didn't candle any of the others we have in the incubator because I want to give them time to stabilize and not disturb them for now if I don't have to.

God bless all of you, and I thank all of you so much again. You're the best people ever!
love.gif

I want to say thank you to all you wonderful, beautiful people. I'm a mess today, which isn't like me. The bright spot is that I just went to check the egg that was due for lockdown today and our little baby in it is kicking around like crazy and in lockdown now. I have a great deal of hope this one will make it since it was so far along when the incubator disaster happened. I didn't candle any of the others we have in the incubator because I want to give them time to stabilize and not disturb them for now if I don't have to.

God bless all of you, and I thank all of you so much again. You're the best people ever!   :love            

Awww... just saw the whole thing... so sorry, but glad your little one is still kicking!!! :hugs

glad to hear Jade hopefully they will all be fine, I am getting nervous got the drakes and the meat chickens wanting in the favorite nest the leghorns are taking turns brooding 5 eggs, it's good for them see how ti goes can't see anything but big dark mass inside the shells should be any day now

Hi everyone. Does anyone know if ducks will eat koi fish?

Yep, they love all fish - they don't discriminate! :) It all has to do with the size of the fish. We have too many koi and goldfish in our pond, and the ducks are wonderful for population control. Until your koi are about 4" they will make a tasty snack for a grown duck. All of our remaining fish are between 6" - 30", so they are safe. They do get chased by the ducks sometimes, two of my ducks like to dive and chase Bandit (their nemesis) around the bottom of the pond. Bandit (our matriarch Koi) does her part too, making sure to suck their feet when they are relaxing and scare the crap out of them. Or take food from their mouths every moment she can :)

The drakes and koi - Bandit is the orange one right between the two. Bless her heart, she is about 20 years old, and has never had to put up with ducks until now. I think she is adjusting :)

Jade and the terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day...

I never vent on here, but I'm making an exception today. One of those times where one thing after another goes wrong, and I wish I could just go to bed until tomorrow. A/C issue that's been going on for a week and had multiple technicians look at it. Since it comes and goes, none of them can figure out what's wrong. Right now, though, the house is cool enough to tolerate.

My hubby had parts of the outdoors sprayed for insects a few days ago. The moron did exactly opposite what hubby had asked him to do, so opposite, in fact, that I'm considering right now that I might sue them if they don't quickly agree to at least refund our money. Do not spray in any of these areas. We don't want areas anywhere near our ducks sprayed, and spraying in these areas will force insects inside our house. That simple. DON'T SPRAY THESE AREAS!

Yes, your guess is right. They sprayed those areas. Hubby came home as he was doing it, and the guy said he personally owns ducks, chickens and rabbits, uses it on his own property, and it's safe for all pets after 4 hours. In an abundance of caution, we kept all the ducks penned for two full days, which led to what I imagine would look like schizophrenia in ducks if ducks were subject to it.

The day after the spraying, I began finding ants in the kitchen. Killed what I could see, sprayed around baseboards, etc. Couldn't tell where they were coming in. Still found more ants yesterday, sprayed again, and I was welcomed this morning when I went out to get my coffee to an infestation of ants crawling on every surface in the kitchen.

Then a couple of hours ago, and this is the worst of it and it's most of the reason I even brought myself to post this, incubator failure. Hubby went into our hatching room to get something and called me. The turner the incubator was on had snapped, the incubator was laying on its side, and all the eggs that had been in it had been jarred down into the hood. The hood had separated from the base, and the eggs were cool to the touch. Two were badly cracked in the fall.

At this point, we've gotten the incubator back on another turner and waxed the eggs that were cracked. One of those still showed movement. Others that had been alive didn't show movement, but we put them back in for now since they might still be okay once they warm up. One egg that was due to be locked down today still showed some movement, so I'm praying that will still be the case tonight when we get ready to lock it down.

For any of you who believe in prayer, please say a little prayer that our babies will make it. Regardless of that, I really, really need some hugs.
hit.gif

Oh Jade, I am so sorry! That is a lot to deal with :( I will say a prayer for you. I wish you were in my area,my hubby is an A/C whisperer. He can fix anything. I wish you luck!

Yep, they love all fish - they don't discriminate! :) It all has to do with the size of the fish. We have too many koi and goldfish in our pond, and the ducks are wonderful for population control. Until your koi are about 4" they will make a tasty snack for a grown duck. All of our remaining fish are between 6" - 30", so they are safe. They do get chased by the ducks sometimes, two of my ducks like to dive and chase Bandit (their nemesis) around the bottom of the pond. Bandit (our matriarch Koi) does her part too, making sure to suck their feet when they are relaxing and scare the crap out of them. Or take food from their mouths every moment she can :)

The drakes and koi - Bandit is the orange one right between the two. Bless her heart, she is about 20 years old, and has never had to put up with ducks until now. I think she is adjusting :)
yuckyuck.gif
Such gorgeous ducks and fish.

glad to hear Jade hopefully they will all be fine, I am getting nervous got the drakes and the meat chickens wanting in the favorite nest the leghorns are taking turns brooding 5 eggs, it's good for them see how ti goes can't see anything but big dark mass inside the shells should be any day now
I would keep my drakes separated from the chickens and Get those boys some girl ducks. Let us know when hatching begins!!

Back
Top Bottom