The Duck Thread

When Romy did this I wiped it clean with a damp cloth and dabbed triple antibiotic ointment on it three times a day for two days, then once a day for a few more days.

I just applied some neosporin to her foot and put her to bed. Can I clean it with Dawn dish detergent and warm water? I will apply it tomorrow morning before school, when I get home from school around 4pm and again when she goes to bed around 8:30 pm. If I can clean with Dawn then I will each time I add Neosporin.

And they are so cute!

Perhaps you can look into pekins. They are supposed to be great pets and very personable. They don't lay as much as some other breeds, but that's not a problem for you and in fact a benefit!

I can't get pekins, because the people next door have them and i wont be able to tell the difference between the 2 different groups

Well since a lot of people dont buy duck eggs we didnt want something that laid a lot

Are black swedish ducks nice

I have Black Swedish and Black Cayuga and Khaki Campbell and are very pleased with their egg laying and their personalities. The Khaki is a male, Disco
lau.gif

I just applied some neosporin to her foot and put her to bed. Can I clean it with Dawn dish detergent and warm water? I will apply it tomorrow morning before school, when I get home from school around 4pm and again when she goes to bed around 8:30 pm. If I can clean with Dawn then I will each time I add Neosporin.
I really don't think you'd need to unless it looks really dirty probably just letting her be in the pool would clean it off enough to apply the neo.

hi y'all. so I noticed this morning a nest in the corner of my coop. the chickens and ducks all sleep together in a big coop. so what does that mean? is she going to stay layin fertile eggs soon? she lays now but the boy hasn't been doing it right he misses a lot lol
should I not pick up the eggs now? im new to ducks so I have no clue whats goin on

I have kaki and pekins and they have been doing really well, the pekins lay the largest eggs of the ducks. out of 10 ducks I have been getting 8 to 12 eggs a day. I plan to get 6 more pekins.

This is probably a stupid question but does a duck hen molt like a chicken hen after going broody? Because I have a muscovy hen that is about to broody and was wondering if she will molt her clipped feathers after going broody.

Back
Top Bottom