The Duck Thread

This is probably a stupid question but does a duck hen molt like a chicken hen after going broody? Because I have a muscovy hen that is about to broody and was wondering if she will molt her clipped feathers after going broody.
If they molt it must be mild because my Muscovy still had her cliped wing until she molted in the fall and this was long after she had been broody and raised her ducklings.

Okay! Thanks!
Have you been on the Muscovy thread showing off your Muscovy's, you know that a rule here on BYC if you have Scovy's we have to see them.
wink.png

Well bummer. you'll just have to describe them to us in detail. lol

Well.... They are muscovies and the drake is the size of a young Canadian goose, his carnauckles, however that's spelled, and he has a lot of white on his head and I have a hen that is a little smaller with white on her head and stomach and a younger female that is almost entirely black with a few white specks on her head. Is that good?

Well.... They are muscovies and the drake is the size of a young Canadian goose, his carnauckles, however that's spelled, and he has a lot of white on his head and I have a hen that is a little smaller with white on her head and stomach and a younger female that is almost entirely black with a few white specks on her head. Is that good?
Yep and when ducklings hatch you'll have to give details on them too okay. They sound lovely, you really need a camera, especially when you have ducklings they are so much fun to take pictures of. And then you can share pics with us.
smile.png

Yep and when ducklings hatch you'll have to give details on them too okay. They sound lovely, you really need a camera, especially when you have ducklings they are so much fun to take pictures of. And then you can share pics with us. :)

Okay, haha! I'm letting her collect a clutch, too! She's got six eggs now and just started pullin the mess out if down feathers in the nest! Lol!

Back
Top Bottom