The Duck Thread

hey everyone im getting 2 grey call ducks (a male and female) on tuesday can i have some general tips on them ?

Get Storey's Guide to raising ducks! I've read the whole book and marked pages. Between that and this website I'm feeling pretty good about raising are ducklings :) we just got them two days ago, but have been preparing for over a month now! After reading Storeys guide I felt much better :) it answered everything I could think of

My Cayuga ducklings are here! I ended up with 3 females and a male. And my injured black crested female, Ebony, has already adopted them. They are tucked under her right now. It is exactly want I hoped for. Ebony is going to be a mom and raise her companions!
So far the ducklings have only drank, but I added grow gel to their water. After they warm up under Ebony I will teach them where the food is. They were just hatched yesterday, so are pretty fragile. I am sitting next to the Ebony and her babies keeping an eye on things. To make sure she don't accidentally injure them.

Get Storey's Guide to raising ducks! I've read the whole book and marked pages. Between that and this website I'm feeling pretty good about raising are ducklings :) we just got them two days ago, but have been preparing for over a month now! After reading Storeys guide I felt much better :) it answered everything I could think of[/quote Thanks! :)

What do ducklings eat? :)
Go to your local farm or feed store and they can steer you towards a feed. Some states sell duck spacific feed, others you have to get chick start and add brewers yeast to it. Ducks also have to have a higher protein content 18-20%

Go to your local farm or feed store and they can steer you towards a feed. Some states sell duck spacific feed, others you have to get chick start and add brewers yeast to it. Ducks also have to have a higher protein content 18-20%

Look up the duckling threads! There are some very helpful ones. The brewery east is for the niacin (spelling? Not sure if I spelled right). Feeding for every stage is also in Storeys guide to raising ducks! I have the page marked so I can look to it

I have to share another picture and say in beyond thrilled we brought are little Muscovy home with us! I love are two anconas, but watching Kristof was her little tail and wattle around and how she just plops down on her haunches is so cute. Ana and Elsa are adorable anconas, but I'm glad we have one Muscovy too :)

Back
Top Bottom