The Duck Thread

Oh my goodness WVduckchick, Opie is a doll! I love the pictures.

Chrysolinsbirds, I'm loving the pictures of your flock, too!

And can't remember who else put theirs up.....shoot......

Thanks! And I know the feeling. So many cuties to keep up with! But they are all so adorable. We are all very lucky to have them. And I love seeing all of them!

Oh my goodness WVduckchick, Opie is a doll! I love the pictures.

Chrysolinsbirds, I'm loving the pictures of your flock, too!

And can't remember who else put theirs up.....shoot......

Thanks, dh gives me a hard time cause I'm always trying to get a better shot when he walks up they run away =/

Last edited:
Ok folks, I just went out for a Pea Party with my guys and gals, and there are a bunch of little short, curled feathers on the ground. I'm not talking just a couple, I mean like 100! Well maybe 50 lol Just 4 ducks here remember. I see feathers every so often, but nothing like this at one time. Why would that be?

And they were short, and all white.. I'm thinking one got ahold of Opie's crest. It still looked puffy, but I couldn't get a good look at it. Does that sound logical?

@ Y-Knot: Really wonderful photos! I so enjoy a well-taken shot, especially of animate objects, since they can be a challenge. I also love that bit of metallic blue, against the white. I hope you continue to take more shots. I for one, will be a rapt audience!

Gil

Yay, a newbie like me. Did you start with chickens? How did you decide to become mom to ducks?
I grew up with chickens, can't really stand them much anymore. I wanted something different so I got muscovy ducks and some guineas. I had the guineas hatch a few eggs last weekend and one of my ducks started sitting on a nest late last week, so I am hoping for the best in a few weeks. She's not stuck on the nest yet so I figure I have a couple of weeks. Anyone know anything different?

Ok folks, I just went out for a Pea Party with my guys and gals, and there are a bunch of little short, curled feathers on the ground. I'm not talking just a couple, I mean like 100! Well maybe 50 lol Just 4 ducks here remember. I see feathers every so often, but nothing like this at one time. Why would that be?

And they were short, and all white.. I'm thinking one got ahold of Opie's crest. It still looked puffy, but I couldn't get a good look at it. Does that sound logical?
Oh no. I don't wanna even imagine how that happened. Is Opie OK?

They might be starting to molt their juvenile feathers. I didn't think it happened so early, but mine are losing feathers like mad. Looks like a duck exploded in their run. Were they just in one spot, or scattered everywhere?

I think yours are just the same age as mine, right? 9 weeks or so?

Back
Top Bottom