The Duck Thread

@Miss Lydia and anyone else.... do you have personal experience with using fly preds? Seems a bit to have to repurchase every month... I'm thinking maybe the traffic would be a better route for me I only have 8 ducks....and the only place to fly seem to be a problem is in and around theIt nightly coop. Any thoughts?

@Miss Lydia and anyone else.... do you have personal experience with using fly preds? Seems a bit to have to repurchase every month... I'm thinking maybe the traffic would be a better route for me I only have 8 ducks....and the only place to fly seem to be a problem is in and around theIt nightly coop. Any thoughts?
Too keep the flies down I use the fly traps I posted about and my hose which is my best friend. I am dealing with 4 broody ducks right now even though they are sitting on fake goose eggs they are still going through all the motions which means stinky broody poop, so a good hose down every time I go outside and the fly traps is all I use. My chickens are into everything so i just don't think fly predators wouldn't work here I would probably buy them and the chickens would find them first. And then my Muscovy's are great fly catchers.
smile.png

Last edited:
Too keep the flies down I use the fly traps I posted about and my hose which is my best friend. I am dealing with 4 broody ducks right now even though they are sitting on fake goose eggs they are still going through all the motions which means stinky broody poop, so a good hose down every time I go outside and the fly traps is all I use. My chickens are into everything so i just don't think fly predators wouldn't work here I would probably buy them and the chickens would find them first. And then my Muscovy's are great fly catchers. :)  
I didn't see your post about fly control. I'll have to back read. All I saw was the picture of the can trap. I'll have to try a few things and see what works for me I guess.

I didn't see your post about fly control. I'll have to back read. All I saw was the picture of the can trap. I'll have to try a few things and see what works for me I guess.
That was it I posted a pic of the one I use mainly because I like to reuse things not throw away and these I can reuse yearly and just buy the attractant,.

That was it I posted a pic of the one I use mainly because I like to reuse things not throw away and these I can reuse yearly and just buy the attractant,.

Finally the Pymethrin is working for us to control the flies and is safe around the animals too. It's made from chrysanthemums. But it's not a one shot deal. Michael is out there spraying every day.TSC has stopped selling the reuseable Captivator fly traps but now selling Rescue something products. We buy the Rescue refills and use in the captivator containers. Still helps out.

Back
Top Bottom