The Duck Thread

Yes, it is called vent sexing but I would not suggest you try it as you can end up injuring the bird if you aren't very careful. Give it time, you will know soon enough.
ahhh okay
1f602.png
thank you

A
ahhh okay
1f602.png
thank you

I am still waiting to be able to voice sex mine. I have been told the females are more vocal and make more of the "quack" sound while the males are more quiet and have a raspy monotone noise. As of now mine are all still peeping and they are about 5 1/2 weeks old.

Thank you! And I will for sure! She seems to like it. And also is there any way to find out the gender?

I'm new to ducks as well but from what I've read and experienced whenever she/he gets old enough if it starts quacking then it's most likely a girl. What I read was boys (drakes) don't really quack. Girls are much more vocal. Mine are almost 4 weeks old and they are all quacking.

Last edited:
I miscalculated this duck egg has been incubating for 8 days no visible veins. Is it dead?
1f62d.png
1f628.png
1f625.png

The dark spot looks like it could have started developing. But the angle is hard to tell. Shine your light down into the air cell and look all around the edges of the air cell, and down around that dark spot. By 8 days, you should see good veining, but I'd still give it until 10-12 days before tossing, because of that good dark spot. Maybe the shell is very dense, obscuring the vessels.

@WVduckchick ok...if not I have no more eggs and she hasn't laid since Thursday. Her chest looks kind of big gonna google and see what I find. Have three chicken eggs going strong.

@WVduckchick ok...if not I have no more eggs and she hasn't laid since Thursday. Her chest looks kind of big gonna google and see what I find. Have three chicken eggs going strong.

Not sure what that could be, and no idea why she would stop laying that long, unless she is broody? Good luck with that last duck egg and with the chick eggs!

Back
Top Bottom