The Duck Thread

My holderread lines WH hatching eggs just arrived in the mail and they all look great
wee.gif
Now my two holderread ducklings will have some girlfriends in four weeks, hopefully.

Yay!!!!!!! Most of my breeders came from them. Mine are Calls, but I'd buy any breed from them because I consider them very trustworthy and just good people in general. Can't wait to see the pics!!

What about a foreclosure? We got our house (yeah it needs work but nothing serious) for cheap cheap.
Hey I used to live and town and had ducks for 2 years actually I never got in any trouble. All my neighbors loved the ducks especially the ones with young kids. Even if you do its just a small fine and at that point give them away :) I think you can have the best of both worlds

We've been looking, but haven't found anything good in the foreclosure market. Not much land available, but a glut of houses in subdivisions that are right in our price range.I've looked at a LOT of houses lately, and I'm working with a fantastic realtor who is also a good friend so she knows exactly what I want. Going to buy soon, though, before d interest rates go back up. Then we have to sell the current house after we fix it up a bit.

Still looking for a nice little piece of land, though. I'd miss my ducks.
get the nice house especially if it's fenced in. But if there's room under the fence I'd put so chicken wire under because cats got to one of my ducks one time ( or at least I think it was a cat)

I have an awful dilemma.

We currently live in a manufactured home on a very small piece of land, and are finally able to afford to purchase something better. I hate manufactured homes. So cheaply built and hard to find parts to repair when things go wrong. Plus, they depreciate over the years like a car, not like a stick-built house.

My dilemma: In our price range, we can either afford a small piece of farmland with a manufactured home on it, or a NICE house in a subdivision. With an HOA and covenants and no ducks.

I am so torn. I have a really good home for the ducks to go if they need to, so I'm not worried about them, but DARN IT I wanted land AND a decent house. We still haven't decided, but I'm leaning to having a nice house. I never thought I'd be able to afford a nice house. BUT MY DUCKS.

/sigh

Am I a bad duck mom for wanting a nice house? :(
A nice house house in a subdivision with an HOA may not be the HOME you were hoping for a few years later. Small fixer-upper houses in the country may take some time to find, but can become the wonderful home you will be happy with years later.

I have an awful dilemma.

We currently live in a manufactured home on a very small piece of land, and are finally able to afford to purchase something better. I hate manufactured homes. So cheaply built and hard to find parts to repair when things go wrong. Plus, they depreciate over the years like a car, not like a stick-built house.

My dilemma: In our price range, we can either afford a small piece of farmland with a manufactured home on it, or a NICE house in a subdivision. With an HOA and covenants and no ducks.

I am so torn. I have a really good home for the ducks to go if they need to, so I'm not worried about them, but DARN IT I wanted land AND a decent house. We still haven't decided, but I'm leaning to having a nice house. I never thought I'd be able to afford a nice house. BUT MY DUCKS.

/sigh

Am I a bad duck mom for wanting a nice house? :(
Not a bad duck mom at all. I fully understand your feelings. But, don't give up. If you stick to it and take your time. Don't let anyone tell you/convince you that if you don't do it now you will never be able to. Search with your heart as well as your pocketbook. You will/can find what you want. I recommend not looking at anything that has an HOA. They serve their purpose but can be a real pain. The covenants of today with a HOA can change at the drop of a hat just because someone with clout and cash moves in and want something changed.

We looked and looked and looked before we found this place (100 year old home restored with about 4 acres, barns, coops and sheds.) and even then we had to go back and forth with the owners and the V.A. Lender for almost 6 months before we got the deal we could afford and close on the house.

So, just hang in there. Take your time...you are investing a good amount of money on a good portion of your future. You should not settle but get what you want. Good luck.

We've been looking, but haven't found anything good in the foreclosure market. Not much land available, but a glut of houses in subdivisions that are right in our price range.I've looked at a LOT of houses lately, and I'm working with a fantastic realtor who is also a good friend so she knows exactly what I want. Going to buy soon, though, before d interest rates go back up. Then we have to sell the current house after we fix it up a bit.

Still looking for a nice little piece of land, though. I'd miss my ducks.
Any non HOA homes? I know they can be hard to find or not as new and nice. We are in the city but not part of an HOA. I'm so glad too because as long as I follow the city laws, which are very doable, I'm fine. You do what you fine works best even if that means no ducks. You have to live and I'm sure you will eventually find some land and can do ducks. Maybe it will be 10 years later but you will find something.

Yep, I know... that's why I post those just for you...
smile.png

Btw, they turned around and did it with their other webs, lol...

I love that you post these just for me regarding their webs. Thank you. It is just the combination of cute that sets me into orbit. I also love this pic because you can see the top of their little heads and that's exactly where I'd kiss them.

Back
Top Bottom