The Duck Thread

As much as I hate to, I'm gonna step up and take one for the team... I'll be the first to post pics after @wobbles!
1f616.png
THOSE ARE AWESOME! Anyhoo... Nobody was cooperating so I don't feel as bad. Lol.
These are my neighbors mallard mutt/Muscovy cross ducklings. They were born June 8. It's killing me that the rules of sexing seem thrown out the window. Any guesses on male or female? The brown one seems to have mom's little head, but the white one looks like jug headed dad.

They're not even mine so it doesn't really matter, I just wanted to see what y'all thought. Both have quacked before, but so did my drake.... Lot of good that did me. Lol

So now I realize I should've shown their legs better.
1f612.png
The white one is wider and has thicker legs, but isn't huge. That's why I included one with mom. Both babies are actually the same size. The brown one is built more like a mallard. We've been calling the brown one Jersey because her eyes look like a jersey calf. That petting zoo deer look. The white and ? Colored one is Lavender. If it's a boy, LaVANder. Lol

Here's my uncooperative hooligans. There's a leak in the hose and when they hear the faucet turn, they come RUNNING across the yard.
1f615.png
Time for a new hose....

They've destroyed that particular spot, but hey, not my fault! I wanted one of the hoses that crinkles up when you turn the water off. Hubby thought they were ridiculous, so whatever. We didn't have ducks at the time so I wasn't using a hose SO OFTEN. Lol. Anyhoo! Got one from my sis AT CHRISTMAS. Hubby said, just leave it on so you don't have to work around stuff to get to the spigot. Thanks honey.
1f621.png
1f624.png
1f61e.png
I've put up with the hole cuz he's still not a fan of the hose, but I'm the one rolling it up! I shan't ask when I replace it today. The mud hole should speak for itself. They've worked quite hard on it. I didn't actually go out of the way to help, the hose just sits there when I'm cleaning. It's actually taken a while for them to make THAT big of a mess, but all the little holes they've made when the hose leak is elsewhere is making the yard look like an overgrown putt putt course! Good job guys! Off to the hardware store for me! Heh heh.

Here's my uncooperative hooligans. There's a leak in the hose and when they hear the faucet turn, they come RUNNING across the yard.
1f615.png
Time for a new hose....

They've destroyed that particular spot, but hey, not my fault! I wanted one of the hoses that crinkles up when you turn the water off. Hubby thought they were ridiculous, so whatever. We didn't have ducks at the time so I wasn't using a hose SO OFTEN. Lol. Anyhoo! Got one from my sis AT CHRISTMAS. Hubby said, just leave it on so you don't have to work around stuff to get to the spigot. Thanks honey.
1f621.png
1f624.png
1f61e.png
I've put up with the hole cuz he's still not a fan of the hose, but I'm the one rolling it up! I shan't ask when I replace it today. The mud hole should speak for itself. They've worked quite hard on it. I didn't actually go out of the way to help, the hose just sits there when I'm cleaning. It's actually taken a while for them to make THAT big of a mess, but all the little holes they've made when the hose leak is elsewhere is making the yard look like an overgrown putt putt course! Good job guys! Off to the hardware store for me! Heh heh.

We have gone threw t least 5 of those hose's.. Get the black one that as the copper fitting. Kep the box and receipt. Our weather is pretty hot now & I think that is what made the 1st black one break so fast..

Patti, who is your avatar? It does not look like Joy. She is absolutely adorable all pancaked out like that. Can I hold her and give her a love squeeze?
My avatar is my 11 yr old duck Shirley I wanted to pay tribute to her she has duck dementia and I am not sure how much longer I'll have her. She seems to be in good health but gets stressed out easily. I hope she'll be around many years yet though. Yes you can hold and give her a love squeeze too.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom