The Duck Thread

Does anyone know what kind this guy is? Just bought him(?) this morning and he is just gorgeous and sweet.

Does anyone know what kind this guy is? Just bought him(?) this morning and he is just gorgeous and sweet.

Wow! What a handsome boy!!

Can y'all point me in the right direction...? Loaded question, eh?
1f602.png
Anyway, Tot has laid 3 eggs now! Woo hoo! Annnnd, oh shoot. I'd like to just let them be and see what happens. The first was laid in a sweet little nest she made, before she proceeded to poop all over it the next day. Looked like she'd laid it in a pile of dog poop.
1f61d.png
Tossed it. Her second was 3 days later and in the middle of the coop. First it moved to the corner, then last night she laid another and had made a nest around the one in the corner. I'm assuming the first ones aren't going to be fertile anyway, but can't hurt to see what she does with them. Can't yet wrap my brain around eating her eggs anyway. Lol. I haven't found a good resource for how long the eggs can just hang out and wait for her to get enough to go broody, If she even does. It's been sweltering in central KS and I don't want to have rotten egg smell wafting across the neighborhood. Lol. Is there a sticky on the duck hatching eggs process and if so, where the heck do I find the stickies?! I must not be searching the right terms. Btw, with my obsessive nature, there's no WAY I'm gonna tackle incubating the eggs.

Wow! What a handsome boy!!

Can y'all point me in the right direction...? Loaded question, eh?
1f602.png
Anyway, Tot has laid 3 eggs now! Woo hoo! Annnnd, oh shoot. I'd like to just let them be and see what happens. The first was laid in a sweet little nest she made, before she proceeded to poop all over it the next day. Looked like she'd laid it in a pile of dog poop.
1f61d.png
Tossed it. Her second was 3 days later and in the middle of the coop. First it moved to the corner, then last night she laid another and had made a nest around the one in the corner. I'm assuming the first ones aren't going to be fertile anyway, but can't hurt to see what she does with them. Can't yet wrap my brain around eating her eggs anyway. Lol. I haven't found a good resource for how long the eggs can just hang out and wait for her to get enough to go broody, If she even does. It's been sweltering in central KS and I don't want to have rotten egg smell wafting across the neighborhood. Lol. Is there a sticky on the duck hatching eggs process and if so, where the heck do I find the stickies?! I must not be searching the right terms. Btw, with my obsessive nature, there's no WAY I'm gonna tackle incubating the eggs.
Here ya go suzy https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/256233/ducks-sticky-topics-index

Back
Top Bottom