The Duck Thread

THANKS EVERYBODY! Yes, the drakes look like a mallard that's been snowed on. Lol. All of their colored feathers are irridescent. His dark tail is actually a dark navy! We got them from a feed store! I don't know how correct they are, but I figured I'd see if any of the 4-H kids wanted some if we ever hatch some out. @Miss Lydia, who knew my poor little "committee drake" would pull it together in the end? Well, you did. Lol.
1f602.png

THANKS EVERYBODY! Yes, the drakes look like a mallard that's been snowed on. Lol. All of their colored feathers are irridescent. His dark tail is actually a dark navy! We got them from a feed store! I don't know how correct they are, but I figured I'd see if any of the 4-H kids wanted some if we ever hatch some out. @Miss Lydia , who knew my poor little "committee drake" would pull it together in the end? Well, you did. Lol.
1f602.png
thumbsup.gif

As its 7:45 and the light isn't cooperating. I put a chrome filter on the pics and made them as light as I could and still show a little of his color. His tail end is what gets me, and it's just not the same through a camera lens. But then, I don't think I'll ever be a professional photog. Laundry keeps me too busy.
1f602.png

As its 7:45 and the light isn't cooperating. I put a chrome filter on the pics and made them as light as I could and still show a little of his color. His tail end is what gets me, and it's just not the same through a camera lens. But then, I don't think I'll ever be a professional photog. Laundry keeps me too busy.
1f602.png
Suzy, he is so cute. I love his curled tail feather. His round body is too much. I want to hold him.

1f602.png
So pretty!

Thanks! They will come right up and eat your shoe laces, but they aren't lap ducks. Kinda frustrating. It's like a sweet and friendly dog/cat that you SWEAR is asking to be picked up but as soon as you try, all hell breaks loose. Lol. If you lay down they'll climb all over you but since duck and duckling poop are a world apart... that ain't happenin.
1f61d.png
1f60f.png

So one of our ducks laid her first egg (that we know of anyway). I found it laying in the mud this morning when I went to let them out of their pen. It was covered in mud so I rinsed it off and stuck it in the fridge. Is it ok to eat even though it was covered in mud?

Last edited:
So one of our ducks laid her first egg (that we know of anyway). I found it laying in the mud this morning when I went to let them out of their pen. It was covered in mud so I rinsed it off and stuck it in the fridge. Is it ok to eat even though it was covered in mud?

It will be fine to eat. Yum!

Back
Top Bottom