The Duck Thread

I think you have time...like I said my girl her wings were sticking out there....she wouldn't take being wrapped...I have no idea how those people did it....lucky she turned out okay.....I gave up and figured it wasn't going to hurt her anyway and she is basically a pet anyway...you need some sleep girl....Phil

Yeah, I looked at that thread... and others, and googled, and went through my books, lol...

I do think wrapping in some way is needed, but trying to figure out exactly how to do it... it's such a tiny piece and all the others I could see were older and more feathered...

Heard wrap all the way around and just the wing tip...
hu.gif
Have you seen this one? https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/...how-we-wrap-to-mend-it-pictorial#post_8682154

Thank you! Looking through it now... I guess it pays to play with your ducklings every night, lol... at least we caught it early...

So consensus is angel wing?
It's pretty early usually you notice when wing feathers begin coming in, but I can dif see the tip of the wing is beginning to stick out so it sure won't hurt to wrap her . She'll not like it but it should only be for about a week at the most.

It's pretty early usually you notice when wing feathers begin coming in, but I can dif see the tip of the wing is beginning to stick out so it sure won't hurt to wrap her . She'll not like it but it should only be for about a week at the most.

Thank you, will do that... have to wait til OH gets home to help cuz it was a screaming mimi fit just trying to assess it last night... :/

Ours have not had angel wing, but at that age some days I thought one or two might be getting it, but I waited a few days and it turns out their feathers were just coming in kind of odd angles but it corrected itself.

Ours have not had angel wing, but at that age some days I thought one or two might be getting it, but I waited a few days and it turns out their feathers were just coming in kind of odd angles but it corrected itself.

I've never had personal experience with it, so wanted to be sure... they're sticking straight out though... wingtip isn't tucking in... but looks ok when flapping those little stubbies...

I figured one of you guys would come along and help her....now maybe she can get some needed sleep

Back
Top Bottom