The Duck Thread

My wife calls this "road kill mode": foot/feet out, neck twisted at impossible angle, head on the ground and if they are REAL good tongue hanging out.
lau.gif
Oh wow! I haven't seen the tongue hanging out! That would freak me out!
ep.gif
X2 Very sad to report I experienced the neck twist this morning when I awoke to a dead duck in the brooder. It was the female scovy. The male had gotten out of the brooder. They are 3 wks almost 4 now. Could she have died from anxiety being he was on the other said of the cardboard?? I am heart broken, but apparently she just wasn't meant to be.

They are gorgeous!!
Thank you. The blacks are my favorites but they are drakes
barnie.gif

Bugs and her 13 babies. 4 girls and 9 boys
sad.png
. 8 wks old now

@NathanZee Thank you. The dad is a Khaki Campbell that we no longer have. Bugs is the first from the bottom of the bottom picture and 5th from the back in the top picture. She was a wonderful mom but NEVER again, lol. I had no idea all 13 would hatch, lol. The drakes are all for sale.

X2 Very sad to report I experienced the neck twist this morning when I awoke to a dead duck in the brooder. It was the female scovy. The male had gotten out of the brooder. They are 3 wks almost 4 now. Could she have died from anxiety being he was on the other said of the cardboard?? I am heart broken, but apparently she just wasn't meant to be.

Sorry for your loss!

Thank you. The blacks are my favorites but they are drakes
barnie.gif

@NathanZee Thank you. The dad is a Khaki Campbell that we no longer have. Bugs is the first from the bottom of the bottom picture and 5th from the back in the top picture. She was a wonderful mom but NEVER again, lol. I had no idea all 13 would hatch, lol. The drakes are all for sale.
Oh okay she is beautiful! Do you have any tips on helping the mother brood the eggs?

So sorry
hugs.gif
. I was just talking about young duckling sleeping poses that look bad, not real harm.

Has anyone else ever had indian runner cross Saxony ducks? I seem to have created some and I am wondering what they will look like. The mother is a fawn runner and the father a Saxony

I have 2 khaki Campbell's and left them in the care of my Mother when I vacationed last week. Since I came home, one of them has been consistently laying very small eggs (about 4 or 5 days, now). They a year old and have both laid nice, large eggs in the past although I'd get a random small egg on occasion. I know occasionally this happens, but the consistent small eggs have me a little concerned. Should I be worried?

I have 2 khaki Campbell's and left them in the care of my Mother when I vacationed last week. Since I came home, one of them has been consistently laying very small eggs (about 4 or 5 days, now). They a year old and have both laid nice, large eggs in the past although I'd get a random small egg on occasion. I know occasionally this happens, but the consistent small eggs have me a little concerned. Should I be worried?

Are they wormed? Could there be a creepy crawly outbreak? If they are otherwise healthy I wouldn't worry too much yet. I have had both chickens and ducks lay small eggs due to worms and after a thorough treatment they went back to normal

Back
Top Bottom