The Duck Thread

My ducks are pecking at another one of my ducks. Why??? She now has a patch of bright red skin showing. And I can tell she's in pain. What do i do?

Separate them with a temporary fence till she heals. Use Vetericyn or mild saline to rinse the wound three times a day. You might put a dab of antibiotic ointment without painkiller on it for a few days. Keep her away from flies. Reintroduce them slowly.

Separate them with a temporary fence till she heals. Use Vetericyn or mild saline to rinse the wound three times a day. You might put a dab of antibiotic ointment without painkiller on it for a few days. Keep her away from flies. Reintroduce them slowly.
there was blood coming out of her nose erlier as well.

My pekin has been sitting for almost a full week and I was wondering what do I do with her? I've never had either of my ducks actually go broody and I'm not sure if I should just leave her where she is or put like chicken wire around her so my drake and other girl leave her alone... Also when the eggs hatch do I have to remove them or can she take care of them, or will my drake attack them?

My pekin has been sitting for almost a full week and I was wondering what do I do with her? I've never had either of my ducks actually go broody and I'm not sure if I should just leave her where she is or put like chicken wire around her so my drake and other girl leave her alone... Also when the eggs hatch do I have to remove them or can she take care of them, or will my drake attack them?
Pekins aren't known for their broodiness but it does happen. If she's not in a safe protected place you might should move her but then she might abandon. Do you have an incubator just in case?? I left babies with my Swedish hen Bugs and she took care of them on her own. Our drake didn't bother them. That's just something you'll have to watch for.
fl.gif
for a happy hatch.

Pekins aren't known for their broodiness but it does happen. If she's not in a safe protected place you might should move her but then she might abandon. Do you have an incubator just in case?? I left babies with my Swedish hen Bugs and she took care of them on her own. Our drake didn't bother them. That's just something you'll have to watch for.
fl.gif
for a happy hatch.

Yeah she's in the house plus the door goes straight into the run. I do have an incubator but I put eggs in it the day before she went broody
barnie.gif

I've got 2 3wk old Peking ducks and they have been eating Dumor chick starter with the chicks. Oh n they get cilantro as a treat and they absolutely love it. I was wondering if they need the brewers yeast? Any advice would be greatly appreciated

It's been a day of struggling . We tried to build another cage in backyard it's so expensive . It only took for the 5 ducks and 4 birds we still have to make improvements to it. It's hard to see it was dark.hope they servive the night . It is going to be a chore keeping my dogs away from it without scaring them to much tell I can get boards and other things around it for there privacy issues. When they start laying there eggs in a little while there teenagers or pre teens . They grow up fast,

Back
Top Bottom