The Duck Thread

IMG_4291.JPG
Anyone with welsh harlequin/mallard mixes?!! I've got one hatched and another in the process but the first one looks straight up mallard! I had seen one on another feed that looked more mutt like my last bunch!

Quick question. I feed purina flock raiser, the guy at the feed store said it is good for the ducks whole life. I have oyster shell on the side for the girls. Is this okay or do they need something different? Also my runner girls are 12 weeks now do you think they are ready to go in with my Pekins yet? Pekins are 2 hens and 2 drakes. Thanks in advance for your insight.

Last edited:
I wouldn't put 12 week old Runners in with adult Pekins especially drakes they may try and mate with them and these girls are not ready for mating They actually need to live side by side and get use to each other before even thinking of putting them all together.

Yes Flock Raiser is fine to feed with Oyster shell offered on the side.

I wouldn't put 12 week old Runners in with adult Pekins especially drakes they may try and mate with them and these girls are not ready for mating They actually need to live side by side and get use to each other before even thinking of putting them all together.

Yes Flock Raiser is fine to feed with Oyster shell offered on the side.
What age would they be able to be together at? They have been in the run separated by a fence I just want to get it opened up so they all have more room. The drakes are about 2 months older than the 3 month old runner girls. The other 2 Pekins hens are about a year or so old.

Back
Top Bottom