The early bird

RobinjuneTX

In the Brooder
Jun 14, 2017
I had 3 broody hens who all were sharing a nesting box. I took out soneveggs to incubate and left some with mom .this us my 1at time trying to hatch chickens. I had one Chuck hatch what I thought was way early. It is alive and doing well, but none of the other eggs have hatched... was my count way off? I did a float test and as far as I can tell they should be viable. Please any advice

Bright flash light in a dark dark room...like a closet.
Is today their "due date"?

You mentioned one hatched right....so you do have a rooster right?
(You would not believe how many people have actually tried to hatch unfertilized eggs)

Bright flash light in a dark dark room...like a closet.
Is today their "due date"?

You mentioned one hatched right....so you do have a rooster right?
(You would not believe how many people have actually tried to hatch unfertilized eggs)
Yes have a rooster and have check many eggs for the "bull's-eye" to tell if fertile. I know with 3 hens in one box it's hard to tell who's eggs were laid first or or if they were all late at the same time. So I'm not sure if maybe one her had eggs first and that is why I had such an early chick or if these eggs aren't going to hatch or if they if I should leave in incubator

Next time use a pencil and write dates on them...check each day.
I'd have to stick with candling them for now.

OK just candled them, and I still have no idea. There are finally chicks in all except 3 which are too dark I couldn't see anything
But how to I tell if they are alive ?

Back
Top Bottom