The EE braggers thread!!!

Ok I got some pic of my guy. I also took a pic of a young one that is growing to look very similar to Blue roo.

Blue roo

Young one looking a lot like Blue roo

I think they may have some faverolle in them but I dont see a fifth toe on either.

Ok I got some pic of my guy. I also took a pic of a young one that is growing to look very similar to Blue roo.

Blue roo

Young one looking a lot like Blue roo

I think they may have some faverolle in them but I dont see a fifth toe on either.

Fascinating. Mine is black based, but you do have the lacing and the gold neck and hackles. Would you say your hens are "quail" colored? I am not sure about the Favorelle, there are no fuzzy faces either. What color eggs do the hens lay? I was just wondering if they are EE based at all - or just "Something Completely Different"..

I have one Americana roo, standard size, who was given to me as a rescue roo by a woman who could not have roosters. I have many blue, green, and olive layers due to his mating with the hen, so at least these are EE. I have a lot of fuzzy faces and some with fifth toes who are offspring from the Faverolles I hatched. Like I mentioned...it is a motley crew I have!

I have one Americana roo, standard size, who was given to me as a rescue roo by a woman who could not have roosters. I have many blue, green, and olive layers due to his mating with the hen, so at least these are EE. I have a lot of fuzzy faces and some with fifth toes who are offspring from the Faverolles I hatched. Like I mentioned...it is a motley crew I have!

At least its a pretty, colorful motley crew! Thanks for sharing, I hope I can figure out the color of hens so I can keep his coloring, I love it!

I'm curious, do any of you know if the blue egg gene is dominant over other colors? Thanks!
Dominant over the white egg, usually when mated with brown egg layers you could get chicks that lay eother or, but usuallu turn the egg a green color. If mated to Marans or other dark (Chocolate) egg layers you'll get the olive eggs.

So I am a chicken newb and was wondering about my new girl. I traded for a blue layer today, she is beautiful, flighty but new so I expected that :) I was told she was a 10 month old ameracauna*, from some googling I'm thinking easter egger tho! She hasn't laid yet, fingers crossed they're blue eggs! Can anyone confirm that she's an easter egger and a "she" for me? Thanx so much.

So I am a chicken newb and was wondering about my new girl. I traded for a blue layer today, she is beautiful, flighty but new so I expected that :) I was told she was a 10 month old ameracauna*, from some googling I'm thinking easter egger tho! She hasn't laid yet, fingers crossed they're blue eggs! Can anyone confirm that she's an easter egger and a "she" for me? Thanx so much.

Yes, she is an Easter Egger.

Back
Top Bottom