The EE braggers thread!!!

flower, I found the pic of the iris.

66877_iris.jpg

Your mother chicken looks like a doating but busy mom. lol

Sorry I know it isn't an EE, but it is a BEARDED iris!!!
lau.gif
hide.gif

Last edited:
Here is a picture of the rooster I have in with three EE hens. He is 1/4 Grey Junglefowl, the other 3/4 is mostly longtail.

The hens are out of a Buff Ameraucana x Phoenix rooster and an Asil x Rhode Island Red hen. I am getting some eggs from them now, but I am not ready to hatch yet. So if anyone is wants eggs, send me a PM.
IMG_2979.jpg

IMG_2976.jpg

This picture has a couple hens in it.
IMG_2977.jpg

Time for a few pictures of my babies. These should be better and I will try again later. The ees ones are striped and also two yellow ones.
Mom is my surprise Showgirl who takes her job seriously but I think that there are too many for her.
Showgirl PrimaDonna was not having anything to do with her man, so I put her to work elsewhere.

Can anyone spy the baby trying to get under the cage...?

Those hens lay a barely green egg. One of them is darker green than the rest. I am afraid that the more I breed them to white eggers, the less green and more blue the eggs will come.
The rooster is real quirky, has a funny crow, and is kinda skittish. I like that though, for birds that run out especially. He is obviously not running out because I am breeding him, but these birds to real good on free range.

here is a video.

Last edited:
Thanks ya'll for not biting my head off. I was wondering what the big fuss was all about.

Now let me get this straight, EE's are mutts that somewhere along the road became purebreds?!
hide.gif

I had gotten some last year, but had to give up on chickens when I was rediagnosed with Breast Cancer. But now we are on the road to recovery and have 6 pullets and a roo out in a temp coop(one of them is suppose to be a EE-Marin X) I was told that they are Blue Egg layers. I need to get a few pictures of them tomorrow. I have some with poof cheeks, some without, I have 2 that are marked like Buttercups, couple of light colored ones and a couple of dark colored ones.

I don't know a thing about breeding and genetics, who determines the color of the eggs? Hen or Roo? If I throw in a different breed of roo what will that do to the mix? Say a Sebright roo? Or a EE roo to Sebright hens? OOOOO Instant striped Easter Eggs!! No couldn't do that to the little Sebright hens. The little roo may have the time of his life though!!
wee.gif

Quote:
So glad you are on the road to recovery! Egg color comes from both the roo and hen and you never know what color eggs you'll get from an EE. That's part of the fun.
big_smile.png
Try a few crosses and see what happens! I've seen some wonderful birds come out of experiments like these.
smile.png

CoyoteMagic honestly this thread is one of the most friendly in my experience also the NN thread. So glad to hear that you are on the recovery road.
thumbsup.gif

Ya need to do lots of reading here to learn the genetics. There is a tread on genetics and several people on the EE and NN know a lot. I copy and paste infor as I learn to keep a reference notebook of my own. There are actually only two egg color genes, blue and white. A brown egg is a white egg, witness by cracking the egg open and see the white interior. The brown egg is white with a coating on it. If you open a blue,green or olive egg you will witness a blue egg interior. Very interesting I think ! So that is you first lesson added to the fact that EEs are suppose to have the blue egg gene somewhere from either parent.

Shame on you for considering letting a LF near a tiny seabright.
tongue.gif
But then you were just joking as I am !

Third did you mean Marans instead of Marin ? If so that X should lay and Olive egg. Marans lay "dark brown" and EE should carry the blue colored egg. The mix should give you some type of blue green if the EE does indeed carry the blue. You see since the definition of EE is undefined but determined to be a bird with the blue egg which frequently means pea comb and greenish or slate or any color legs, well it is a "crap shoot" or surprise. Depends on the type of language that you prefer.
hide.gif

Back
Top Bottom