The EE braggers thread!!!

Quote:
I enjoyed it a lot. I am fine with breeders of Ameraucana and Arucana doing what they can to have pure breeds. I love EEs and I have decided to take the mutts are for colors approach with my flock! I think that, as long as I don't claim my birds are something they are not, that the purebred breeders will be fine with that as well.

Quote:
Well, it may be one that has a tint of pink- one of my girls did that, over time it has changed to a deeper shade- but at first it was tan-

file-47.jpg

yeah i was disappointed at first till my MIL pointed out the interior of the egg is pink- my other girl lays blue/green

file-48.jpg

and we now have an EE/Amer roo- not sure which- any opinions on Galahad?

file-49.jpg

I am thinking that if you did not buy your birds from a proven breeder, they are most likely EEs. I think by saying "proven", their birds have been raised and shown and approved by the Ameraucan Breeders Club. But don't quote me on that it is just my opinion/idea.

well, i'll have to check with the lady i got him from- i believe he came from a breeder- the girls are hatchery-
24037_100_4516.jpg

24037_100_4541.jpg

its really not that big of a deal to me, just curious- he has such a great personality!

Quote:
I'm not experienced enough to rule out the hen having the two copies of recessive white necessary to cause white feathering, but I would think it far more likely its the silver gene causing her to be white with a scattering of black, perhaps with a copy of dominate white. Silver is sexlinked in favor of the males, so guessing she has two copies of silver.

My guess, right or wrong, is based on the fact that pure silver blocks red very well, but will allow black to show, especially when combined with patterning genes................................... one copy of dominate white will not block red well at all, but will allow relativly small amounts of black to show. She appears white with a scattering of black and no red showing in her pic, and I don't think a pure recessive white would show much if any black, especially if accompanied by silver.
idunno.gif
If she had only one copy of dominate white, 1/2 of her chicks would not inherit it.

Quote:
Kassaundra nailed it, anything other than black or slate leg shanks disqualifies a bird from being an Ameraucana, as would a yellow beak; on a white bird it would have to be horn colored. I can't make out your roo's shank or beak color, but in general he looks like a white Ameraucana of very nice quality; he should be a great addittion to your EE flock.

Last edited:
here are a few more pics of him- he really is a magnificent bird-
24037_100_4422.jpg

24037_100_4428.jpg

what i have found interesting is the dynamics of the flock- the girls have gotten alot more relaxed with him here- than the previous roo-

Back
Top Bottom